MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/29/2012 09:32 AM

New Job

Bioe14

Well I was offered an internship by a professor this summer that would fulfill my requirement to graduate from college. I wanted this so I could stay at home, because my doctor told me I was not stable enough to live on my own. My parents, who deny my illness and my adviser, who doesn't know about it, were not satisfied with this. They wanted me to find a paid internship. My professor told me he'd allow me to keep looking for a paid internship, and if I didn't find one, the one with him would be there. Well today I just got a paid internship in my city. This allows me to stay at home like the doctor asked, makes my parents and adviser happy, fulfills my requirement, and I'll make a lot of money. To top this all off, the manager told the HR director that I would be doing the internship for the summer and returning next May after I graduate full time. So I now have job lined up after I graduate, and it's in the same city as all of the people that support me through my illness. Let's just hope that my moods don't interfere with my work performance......

03/29/2012 10:18 AM
hypnagogic
hypnagogic  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Congratulations!!!! I'm really excited for you. Whew, what a relief.

03/29/2012 11:14 AM
Joy75
Joy75  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Very good news to hear! I'm glad this is working out for you. To even have a job after you graduate is excellent. You are doing great! Congratulations!

03/29/2012 04:15 PM
uncertainone

Great news!!! Remember to think positively!! You will do great.

Good Luck, Maria

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved