MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/25/2012 06:06 AM

bi polar 111

roxieana

abilify i know from my own research now, has pushed me

into that new category bipolar 3. i had mostly depressive episodes

w/ mild mania, nothing extreme. i'm irritable a lot of the time, anxious, but some life circumstances and the january blues, like a perfect storm, pushed me into a major depressive episode. after a few failed attempts w/meds in addition to lamictal, dr.suggested ABILIFY. just a tiny dose. well that tiny dose pushed me into a mania like i've never had! i thought, gee, i should have done this sooner! i felt great in about 1 day.

to keep it short, off abilify, then seroquel, saphris, and now i ditched them all and keep it simple ....lamictal, wellbutrin, ativan, lunesta. the mania is starting to go away. i'm not really depressed right now. gained a few pounds on some of these drug combos, but can see some of my problems more clearly, at least for today, have a great therapist, and thank my daughter for her patience. buyer beware..if it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is. good luck and god bless to everyone.

03/25/2012 10:35 AM
centerseeker
centerseeker  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Welcome to the board roxiana!

It is hard to find a good medication combo. Some meds will work wonders for one person and be not right at all for another. For example abilify is a miracle drug for me but wellbutrin turned me into a wreck.

The important thing is that you have found the right combo for you and that you are working with a good treatment team. I am so glad that is happening for you and glad that your daughter has been so patient with your illness, that must mean a lot.

We're very happy to have you here. You'll find this is an encouraging and supportive group as well as very informative. If you ever have any questions please feel fee to private message (pm) me or any other group member.

03/25/2012 05:38 PM
Joy75
Joy75  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

I take Abilify and it works great for me. It kills my hypo-mania. I'm surprised it made you hypo-manic. It's supposed to help that. At least you are starting to come back down from it. It's rough trying to find the right combination of medications. I hope that what you are on now works out for you and you don't get depressed. We are full of support here, so I think you will like it. I love it here. Everyone is like a family to me. Welcome to the group!

03/25/2012 05:54 PM
roxieana

hi roxieana here...i don't know what's going to happen next...who does anyway?

so far so good, w/ little manias and agitation in the afternoons. see provider tomorrow..

am going to ask her about cymbalta. my daughter takes it for diabetic neuropathy and it helps her minor depression she has due to diabetes. i take ativan when the anxiety hits, so far took only 2 all day. have been taking omega 3's and just started b-complex 50. more proactive approach or at least trying. this whatever is not going to get me

03/26/2012 05:24 AM
roxieana

sorry..just getting used to the site. iappreciate your feedback. if

it weren't for this site, i'd never known about bi-polar 3. and you guys.

i believe we're always in the right place at the right time for the right reason {sometimes not a good place, but necessary}. my latest ... SELF COMPASSION IS A VITAMIN

THAT FEEDS ME CONSTANTLY. Louise hay.

have a sunny day! roxieana

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved