MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/19/2012 09:30 PM

agitated

notsohot
notsohot  

I have had this aggression come over me today and i hate it. I am not supposed to be like this. I have been minding my own business today and being anti-social as far as my other roommmates are concerned. I don't have the desire to be around people or to be social. And when one of my roommates walk past me they just look at me, and i want to spout off at the mouth and cuss them out, but i don't. My thoughts are running through my head very fast and i don't think this whole meds thing is working how it should be. I thought i would feel some sort of "relief" being on meds. Well i am not at this moment. I am throwing my hands up in the air feeling frustrated.

03/19/2012 09:49 PM
MBPRLY
MBPRLYPosts: 254
I'm an Advocate

I don't see Lithium on your list of meds. That helped me a LOT with the racing thoughts and helped slow down the processing of them. Not to the point where it took me an hour to add 1 plus 1, but I think you get the point. Talk to your pdoc about it.

As for the rage/anger, I also just had a really bad cycle just the other day. To the point where I wanted to rip someones head off. I still don't know what it was that triggered it, it just happened. I'm not a huge fan of meds, I only take lithium, abilify and Klonopin at night to help me sleep. Than another dose of Lithium during the day. As must as I hate taking meds, I know that sometimes we need mood stabilizers to help. So you're not alone with these feelings I would talk to your pdoc about them and tell them about the racing thoughts and ask about lithium.

I'm not a doctor, just giving my personal point of view. I hope you are able to get better, I know how hard it is. I'm not on anything for depression, and I really should be. I have a pdoc appointment tomorrow, so I'm going to ask about them. I wish you the best buddy.

03/19/2012 10:32 PM
notsohot
notsohot  

thx mbprly for your thoughts. Yes i am gonna make sure and talk with my pdoc about how i am feeling.

03/19/2012 10:47 PM
Joy75
Joy75  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Anger, I used to get really angry. That is my hypo-mania. That along with racing thoughts and irritability. The anti-psychotic Abilify helped this. You shouldn't be feeling so much rage like you are. It's good that you will be calling your psychiatrist to address this. I do hope that this ends soon for you. It's an awful feeling wanting to bite everyone's head off. It's good that you are posting about it. It gets it off your chest.

03/20/2012 06:13 AM
centerseeker
centerseeker  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I used to get so angry that I was like a volcano ready to errupt. It was awful. I don't get angry like that anymore. I am stable. Meds do help but they take time and if you are feeling this way keep those communication lines open with your prescribing doctor as you may need adjustments.

I am sorry that you are feeling this way but very proud of you that you are managing to contain it rather than rage at your room mate as they walk by. This is not easy to do and I hope you give yourself some credit for that.

I hope things are better for you soon.

03/20/2012 04:32 PM
hannahell
hannahell  

ive been like that couple of days again,but im glad that i can control my fury.and fury is the right word for that.grinding my teeths in my sleep ,awake i realise that ive been biting my jaws together so much that my jaw muscles ache,and all my other muscles are tense.blood is boiling ,and i can feel i have so much adrenaline in my body, so when that peaks ,i get heart palpitations and im dizzy,my head aches ,i get panics and my whole body is tingly.oh well as long as it stays in im happy,but yea its me when im hypomanic.and worst thing in it is,that i know that after couple of days i crash straight to the bottom of the depression.(rapid cycling helps this whole thing lasts only couple of days then im stable for awhile) .i have lamictal,and its perfect ,im on a small dose bigger one makes me hypomanic ,but it really helps me to control this ,depression is almost totally gone except that one crash.so great to hear that you can control it,i know how it feels like.and i feel bad myself because i dont want to feel like that its no ones fault .hang in there ,and when ppl are somewhere else,scream everything out if you feel like it .also what helps me is,that i have a little plastic echidna.one of those kids toys (sounds crazy doesnt it,i love echidnas they are cool,lol).it has pointy edges and fits nicely in my palm,using it as a stress toy ,and when i feel those diff shapes,when i squeeze it hard,it helps me concerntrate so my fury goes down ,same as racing thoughts.so maybe you can try one of those stress toys? hahha at least you can throw it

if it doesnt help,and hope it hits someone who walks past Laughing

03/20/2012 07:47 PM
notsohot
notsohot  

thanks everyone for your thoughts and kind words.. lol hannahell.. that actually made me laugh about at least i can throw the toy if nothing else. I do appreciate everyone on here that send me their sincere words and take their time to help me out when i have all this shit in my head i am dealing with.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved