MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/18/2012 04:38 AM

What happens to you when your under alot of stress

Volante
Volante  

I have been disabled since 2007. I had to quit my job because stress from my job was making me have panic attacks, severe headaches and I would get so sick I would have to lay in bed. My condition has gotten worse since then and I have to monitor my stress levels everyday. This is definitely a bipolar trait and I wonder how many people with BP experiences this. What happens to you?

03/18/2012 05:52 AM
soy70
soy70  

Stress at work is a major issue for me. I have an internal voice that is very negative and when I stress out, it get's out of hand. I blame myself for everything and can't give myself a break for any mistake. By the time I leave work, I'm practically inconsolable and won't believe any helpful words I hear.

My tdoc helps to remind me to stay focussed in the present, to stop ruminating, stay mindful of where I am at the moment, to get out of my head. Sometimes it helps, sometimes it doesn't. Klonopin helps but I wont take it at work bc I don't want to lose concentration.

I'm sorry about your stress and anxiety. I wish I had some solutions to offer, other than the mindfullness approach. I would also try deep breathing but I know these suggestions seem so pointless when the stress is high. But it's worth a try.

Good luck and hope it gets better,

Soy

03/18/2012 05:57 AM
mixedbipolar
mixedbipolar  

I had to quit working and had my disability hearing several weeks ago. Mood swings and primarily anxiety when I worked. Stressors triggers episodes that were so bad I couldn't cope well at work. It's hard not being productive like I want to be and make a living doing something I spent years in school learning.

When I'm stressed I relapse; worse memories ever. Fortunately, my illness has me with memory loss. haha

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved