MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/17/2012 07:51 AM

lack of focus

lken
lken  
VIP Member

i am told this all the time, i have lack of focus, it makes me angry at myself, i do not do this on purpose. but i do not like people telling me this, it makes feel i have a default that i can not control. is this the trade off of focus and slowing down with meds? or do you focus and do not have as much interest in what is said.

03/17/2012 11:53 AM
Joy75
Joy75  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Sometimes I cannot focus either. I take a stimulant for this problem. You shouldn't get angry at yourself for something you can't control. It's out of your hands. Of course you don't do it on purpose. People should just mind their own business huh? Sometimes it's the medications, sometimes you just aren't interested. I hope it gets better for you.

03/17/2012 05:37 PM
uppitywoman
uppitywoman  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Of course you do not do this on purpose. People can be so rude sometimes. I find that my mind drifts at work sometimes and I will have to ask someone to repeat something. It's embarrassing and makes me look stupid at times. Personally, I think it's my medications, but it's a trade off, because I am stable and I wouldn't trade that for anything.

03/18/2012 04:42 AM
Volante
Volante  

I think that lack of focus and concentration are symptoms of Bipolar Disorder. At times my focus and concentration will disappear for no reason and I take an Ativan(Lorazapam) and it restores it. Ativan is an antianxiety medication so I wonder if losing focus is from anxiety. Ask your pdoc if you can try it. It may help you like it helps me.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved