MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/08/2012 10:11 AM

Hello, my bipolar story

bipolarsk8r

Hi, I'm new to the discussion forums on the internet. However, I'm not new to bipolar. I was diagnosed in early 2005 at the age of 17, after being handcuffed by the cops. I'm not going into any details here really, but I can say that I've had a few manic episodes since then that weren't pretty. I've decided to write my bipolar story down on paper, so I can understand it better. I've also recently started a blog of my own. If you wish to visit it, you can by going to bipolardaze.weebly.com. I also want to educate people in general about mental illness, and help get rid of the "stigma." I believe I can do this by sharing my side of the story, and by educating people who don't know. I've had a lot of questions along the way, especially with all the religious thoughts that come with bipolar. I might not have all the answers, but I can still do my part.

03/08/2012 10:23 AM
basque
basque  

I am glad that you are taking steps to understand and spread awareness. My best wishes to you and your journey to better health. Self-Advocacy is a wonderful tool to have.

03/08/2012 10:57 AM
Joy75
Joy75  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Hi there, I think it's great that you are trying to get rid of the stigma of mental illness. I'm the same way. I try to educate and I'm very open with this illness. You can learn a lot here and make some really good friends. We all understand what it's all about, this bipolar and we can relate to you. I'm glad you joined. I look forward to your discussions and getting to know you. Welcome to the group!

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved