MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/02/2012 08:49 AM

bipolar and anxiety

cranberry48
cranberry48  

I have been very paranoid lately. my anxiety is through the roof!!! I don't know what to do. I see a new psychiatrist on wednesday. does anyone have any ways I cann cope better, with my anxiety? I have been eating alot lately, and I am scared to gain weight! my anxiety is just so bad. I worry about being a good mom, whether we should put the kids in school ( we currently homeschool).

03/02/2012 09:28 AM
Joy75
Joy75  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Hi cranberry48, I'm sorry you are having these feelings. Anxiety is not fun. It's good that you are seeing a psychiatrist on Wednesday. That seems a long time away though, I'm sure. I have been eating a lot also. I just have to tell myself that I am not hungry and move on to other things. I know breathing is good for anxiety. I don't know a lot of coping skills because I have little anxiety. You are a good mom. If it's affecting your health though being a home school teacher, then maybe they should go to school. I hope that you are able to lessen the anxiety. Others will be along to comment with some suggestions. I want to support you. I'm happy you joined. Welcome to the group!

03/02/2012 11:02 AM
cranberry48
cranberry48  

thank you for your response. I sometimes just don't know what to do with myself! my thoughts are racing, my sleep is messed up. and I am anxious, I think the anxiety is the worst! I may be going manic, I dunno...

03/02/2012 11:18 AM
Joy75
Joy75  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

I hope you aren't going manic. Your thoughts racing and you having your sleep messed up isn't a good thing. Hang in there.

03/02/2012 11:20 AM
centerseeker
centerseeker  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Welcome! I am sorry that you are feeling anxious and are grappling with the schooling decision. As Joy said, Wednesday must feel very far away!

In the meantime, when anxiety hits, maybe try progressively relaxing all of your muscles from your toes all the way to your face as you do some deep breathing. As you breath in say to yourself(in your head), accept and as you breath out say to yourself release.

I realize this may sound like a hokey suggestion but I learned it in a yoga class. I suffer at times from anxiety so bad I clench my whole body and I can't relax. When I do this, it helps a lot.

03/02/2012 04:09 PM
puppyPower
puppyPower  

Welcome cranberry! I just recently moved to a new city, and start a new job on Monday. My anxiety is thru the roof! For me, and this could be totally different for you, I take Klonopin (the generic form). It helps make it go away. I can't tell you that it would help you, only your psychiatrist(pdoc) can do that. Until then, try centerseekers suggestion. Sometimes taking your mind off things helps.

And my best friend homeschooled his kids until they were in high school I believe, so in my opinion it's ok to do that, you're not a bad mom.

Welcome to the group and don't be afraid to ask for help! We're here for ya.

03/02/2012 06:33 PM
Dit
Dit  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Hi and welcome, I don't have much to say about coping with anxiety my medications work well with relieving this symptom but i do have anxiety at times, I've been prescribed Clonazepam (Klonopin) to take, maybe your new psychiatrist (pdoc) will give you medications to help relieve this. I admire you for homeschooling your children but if you find it is too much putting them into a school and i'm sure there are good schools should be fine. I wish you all the best, keep posting we are here for you.

03/03/2012 10:38 AM
cranberry48
cranberry48  

I will talk about clonazepam...thank you all for your replies.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved