MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/28/2012 05:44 AM

It's Way Too Quiet(page 2)

uppitywoman
uppitywoman  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

There is currently a sticky for new members being worked on. It takes some time to pull something together that will be good, just like the hypersexuality sticky took some time before it was completed. It will happen, though, because it is a good idea and it is necessary. As far as SOs, this has always been an open forum, that is why the BP only group was formed. Most come here because they want to understand things from those with bipolar. Granted, there are those who come to rant and they can be ignored or told they belong in the SO forum and not here.
--- The discussion has been locked ---

02/28/2012 07:37 AM
manicmetoo
manicmetoo  

Sorry your feeling bad zadie. No offense to the newbies or SO's but I tend to skip over their posts as well... They just seem so redondent (sp).

Alot of the posts on here are the same and if they do a search would find out more than in a post, I guess the newbies wouldnt know that and the SO's are probably at their wits end.

I feel neglected if I get little feedback on a post, but I figure its just the bipolar talking and not really me.

Hoping you are in a better place today Zadie.... please dont hide away I love reading your posts, you are so educated in the field of psychology and yet the bipolar still takes over your mind once in awhile. I find that comforting to know that even though I have many tools from the 10 years of therapy, that some as educated as yourself still struggles... it just proves to me that we cannot will it away, or control it, even if we were to know everything about it.

Sending hugs and love your way Zadie.

02/28/2012 10:12 AM
centerseeker
centerseeker  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I'm sorry that you are feeling so bored and angry and alone. I am glad you vented about it and I hope it helped some just to 'say' it out loud.

I'm sorry if you are not happy about how the forums are run. I remember when I was a newbie the step to join the community was hard and the welcoming post made me feel like a part of things. I can't imagine ignoring someone suffering with this illness when they first join. In fact any new person entering any endeavor for the first time deserves a greeting as a common courtesy.

I hope that you feel better soon. If your moods are swinging to a dark place, please take care of yourself. We all care about you and no one wants you to be this unhappy.

02/28/2012 11:28 AM
ZadieBlue
ZadieBluePosts: 4547
VIP Member

How 'bout a new forum called "Newbie Bipolar Forum"?!?

Thanks everyone for your encouragement.

workingonit: I'm currently reading a book about neurology and music. Fascinating!

My therapist is currently ignoring me. Shocker!

I'm spending the day in bed.

Still in that place of not caring about anyone or anything.

Zadie

02/28/2012 12:06 PM
hypnagogic
hypnagogic  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Zadie, if you're in bed, please get some sleep for me. I could use it. Smile

Neurology and music is fascinating. Neurobio, Music Therapy, GMT, all great and hits the points in the brain where processing and functioning come together. I'd love to know what you've read and discovered. Shoot me a PM please. Seriously, this is fascinating stuff.

Well, if you're in that place of not caring about anything or anyone then let me assure you that you're being thought of and I do care. Cool Smile

02/28/2012 04:45 PM
Edyn
Edyn  

there is a bipolar's only forum. Perhaps you should hang out there?

02/29/2012 07:41 AM
ZadieBlue
VIP Member

Better I think -- kinda restless -- I want to sleep!

Thanks for asking,

Zadie

02/29/2012 03:10 PM
jennywren
jennywrenPosts: 3163

ZadieBlue, I see a bit of a problem with a Newbie Bipolar Forum. Before long it becomes like this one. ie we do not remain Newbies forever; not for long really.

It might end up being along the lines of The Blind Leading the Blind.

Jennywren

02/29/2012 03:14 PM
lken
lken  
VIP Member

maybe a rotation thing, spread it out, after so long we move from 0ne group to the next anyway. the bipolar group is 2 1/2 times big as this bp2 and 9 times as big as bi-polars only. take long time to get answer. overload causes problems

Post edited by: lken, at: 02/29/2012 03:18 PM

02/29/2012 03:26 PM
ZadieBlue
VIP Member

Bullet points are being discussed for them to read so that the same questions aren't asked over and over.

What, no Senior / VIP bipolar forum?!?

As for me, I give up. I guess I'll have to be more flexible or find another forum.

Zadie

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 2 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved