MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/22/2012 07:40 PM

well it's over..

imatourist
imatourist  

My boyfriend.. or now ex boyfriend admitted me last night. We got into an argument because i wanted to move out. He told me he didnt care about me anyway and i kinda freaked out. I threw my phone against the eall knocking a picture down with it. He came downstairs and said he was calling the cops. He locked me out with no shoes or a phone. The police got me. I got admitted shortly after. They had to keep me there until thw morning so that i could see a doctor. I saw the doctor and was immediately released due to the fact that she aaid i was stable and healthy. I keep up with my meds and see my pdoc reguraly and she saw absolutely no problem with me.. im so hurt right now. I went and got a few things from the house and left a note saying that i would be back another day to move my things. I got a text this evening saying " i guess we are done since you left that note with no apology. Just say we are done and ill be gone" . He's acting like he is leaving me? And that i owe him something? Im so upset right now that someone that says they "love" me would do that to me. I put so much into this.. im so sad. Sorry im typing from my phone its kind of hard to post.

02/22/2012 07:47 PM
Mechellej

Awwwww, I am sorry you are going through this... Glad you were released from the hospital. I will be praying for you.

02/22/2012 08:26 PM
centerseeker
centerseeker  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I'm sorry that this happened to you and that you got admitted. I'm glad they found you to be stable and released you. Your heart must really be breaking, I'm just so sorry.

I think invisiblenyc makes a good point about bringing someone with you.

02/22/2012 08:28 PM
Linda27
Linda27Posts: 227

I'm so sorry you are going through this. I have to agree with inviblenyc, it doesn't sound like your ex has your best interest at heart and take someone with you if/when you go get your things. (((hugs)))

02/22/2012 08:38 PM
imatourist
imatourist  

Thanks everyone for the replies. Im trying to be fine.. but it just happened and its so hard for me to believe. Im completely crushed right now.

02/22/2012 09:42 PM
Joy75
Joy75  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Of course you are crushed. That's awful for you to go through. Especially like that. He's not really acting like he cares. That's not right, I'm sure he does really care. You can't switch that off like a light. I'm sorry they admitted you for the night and all this even happened. Try to communicate with him because it's very important. Don't assume things, get them from the mouth of the person. Hang in there. This could work itself out in time. We are here for you in this trying time.

02/23/2012 02:35 AM
LunaCat
LunaCatPosts: 46

I'm so sorry that must have been such an awful experience. I'm glad they released you and found that you were stable. It's so hard when these experiences are fresh. Having someone with you to support you can be a huge help, especially if you feel things could get explosive between you two, or maybe schedule to get your things when he won't be home to avoid conflict and talk when things have cooled down?

I agree with Joy that it's important not to assume things and that the only way you'll know for sure is to get him to talk to you.

02/23/2012 07:52 AM
imatourist
imatourist  

I just dont understand that if he cared about me so much.. that the first thing he said to me was that i need to apologize to him.

02/23/2012 08:42 AM
Linda27
Linda27Posts: 227

I think it might be that sometimes the people that care about us get so used of us being the ones that are in the wrong because of our disorder that they automatically think that anything that happens is our fault and don't take any responsibility for what happens. This might be the case here. He feels like you did something wrong and owe him an apology. I'm not saying you did anything wrong but it could be why he feels that you need to apologize. (((hugs)))

02/24/2012 05:07 PM
imatourist
imatourist  

Thank you so much for taking the time to write that. My ex has been trying to contact me all day to see if we can "work on things". I'm lost at this point..

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved