MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/21/2012 06:43 PM

New to this site excited any extra support

JesikaAlene
JesikaAlene  

I am just starting with this I have never been in an online support group. I'm starting Topamax for weight loss due to lithium, serequol, lamictal and depakote use. I have struggled with hypothyroidism due to lithium use and hyper familial cholesterolamia since I was 7, anemia, asthma, ugh do the diagnosis end? Cause I cant remember them all, I'm currently on lithium, clonzepam, lamictal, serequel, zetia, crestor, colestipol, cholestramine, b-12, niacin, loratidine, and baby aspirin I hope the topamax can help lose the 80 lbs ive put on and maybe takeaway the needfor some other meds! Any advice to a newbie???

. Blush

02/21/2012 06:50 PM
highandlow
highandlow  

Hi and welcome! I'm on Topomax for weightloss too! Hope we both get positive results...

02/21/2012 07:35 PM
JesikaAlene
JesikaAlene  

Thank you! And I hope so too!!!

02/21/2012 08:38 PM
puppyPower
puppyPower  

Welcome to the group! There are some really great people here who can definately help ya out.

I take some of the same medicines as you. Seroquel works quite well, though it makes me really sleepy the next day. I only take it at night! Lamictal is a wonder. Keeps me on an even keel. Clonazepam (Klonopin) is great when my anxiety takes over.

Welcome again, and don't be bashful! Just friends here!

G

02/22/2012 04:47 AM
JesikaAlene
JesikaAlene  

Thank you very much I feel the very same about those meds, I sorta get dry mouth too but so many of my meds can cause that idk where its coming from Smile I'm.so glad I found this group because besides my brother who is so effected hes a hermet I have no one who understands!!! Smile

Post edited by: JesikaAlene, at: 02/22/2012 05:49 AM

02/22/2012 07:40 AM
centerseeker
centerseeker  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Welcome1 It is great to find other people who understand isn't it? If you ever have any questions feel free to pm (private message) me or any other group leader.

02/22/2012 09:47 AM
Joy75
Joy75  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Hi Jesika. You aren't alone here. We all understand what you are going through. It's a great group to belong to. I took Topamax for awhile and it did curb my appetite, but it messed with cognitive thinking, so I went off of it. I hope that it really helps you and you are able to lose the weight. Don't forget to eat right and exercise because that is all part of losing weight. You have to put some effort into it also. Good luck and welcome to the group!

02/22/2012 10:30 AM
sarahtroy
sarahtroy  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Hi JesikaAlene, A warm welcome to MDJ and our group. We are a very supportive, encouraging and informative bunch. I am glad you found us. Feel free to post as often as you like.

I visit this site everyday and get my daily dose of encouragement and feel uplifted. I have made many friends that I "visit" often via pm (private message) and chat. I hope you find this site as encouraging as I have. Enjoy!

02/22/2012 01:50 PM
JesikaAlene
JesikaAlene  

Thank you all so much! Ive gotten nothing but great support so far!

02/22/2012 03:57 PM
hypnagogic
hypnagogic  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Swimmingly awesome to have you here. Yep, I can appreciate the hypothyroidism from Lithium.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved