MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/19/2012 01:25 PM

Being babysat and broken car

queenbean
queenbean  

My husband went on a long camping trip with one of his friends. He was afraid to leave me alone with the kids and my depression and had me promise to accompany his parents on a weekend trip.

I went and it was OK, but it sucks to have to have a babysitter. Then he calls on his way home to say the car is broken down - not that we need another stressor in our lives.

So my FIL is having to drive to pick him up and tow the car back home and I won't see him until tomorrow morning. Then we have to deal with the car. This sucks and I just needed to whine a bit. Thanks.

02/19/2012 02:59 PM
lj80

You can whine all you want. Every day battles will add up and talking about them loosens them up and makes them smallers. You will find a way.

02/19/2012 04:07 PM
Joy75
Joy75  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

How awful for you to have all this stress in your life. It would not be fun to be babysat though. I'm sorry that you had to deal with all that. Your car breaking down is not good. I hope that it's not too expensive to fix. Since you are depressed, I hope that you have called your psychiatrist and let him know. I'm very sorry that all of this is happening to you. I hope you get to feeling better soon. We are here for you!

02/20/2012 06:10 AM
queenbean
queenbean  

Thanks for the support. I am on an antidepressant, but I think it might need to be increased. I can't afford to go see him so I am hoping he will just increase it if I call in. Thanks again.

02/20/2012 09:20 AM
centerseeker
centerseeker  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

What a rough weekend. I am sorry you are dealing with all this. Whine all you need, we are here for you.

Not that there is ever a good time for a breakdown but cars always seem to pick the worst times.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved