MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/05/2012 06:19 AM

what regulates mind chemicals?

lken
lken  
VIP Member

some part in body regulates chemicals in mind,has anyone here, know or come across information on this?

02/05/2012 07:19 AM
JennyT

There's nothing cut and dry. It's all a combination of genetics and the environment that affect chemical regulation throughout the body.

02/05/2012 08:14 AM
ZadieBlue
ZadieBluePosts: 4547
VIP Member

Hormones have a lot to do with it, as do their catalysts. For example, if you are constantly anxious your hippocampus bathes in cortisol, which in turn, over time, shrinks this part of the brain and diminishes its capabilities. It's kind of a depressing topic really, I've got a 3 1/2-inch book about the brain; I try to find solace there but sometimes I just feel worse afterwards.

Zadie

02/05/2012 08:43 AM
lken
lken  
VIP Member

you mean toxins and emotions as environment, cause and effect thing?

zadie that is what i am finding out, stress(cortisol)and fight or flight. sort like 6 beers and feel great, then overload starts, environment to much numbing, depressing, the hangover, sure makes sense. wonder how to fix, without other environmental damages, like man made chemicals?Silly Shocked

Post edited by: lken, at: 02/05/2012 08:46 AM

02/05/2012 09:30 PM
jennywren
jennywrenPosts: 3162

Dunno Iken, but I think if you read the posting I am replying too, you will see the cause of one problem there.

But like you I have been wondering lately, just where do these feelings related to uncomfortable mental "problems" come from? What causes them to come about. What change is there in the brain. Wish I knew.

Saturday was in a major stress mood, this was also complicated by Obbessive Complusive Disorder. Believe you me it was dreadful. But then within what seemed to be say ten or fifteen minutes in the afternoon, it all went away. I wish I knew why.

Jennywren

02/05/2012 09:54 PM
lken
lken  
VIP Member

after reading so much input from other groups, and the different opinions, a opinion is a tail bird feather, all birds flock together.. i just keep reading, thanks for help, i am sure there is a little ocd in me somewhere. the writing is good for me, guess i never got enough answers when i was a child. why this why why. i compliment the people on mdj on there patience.

02/06/2012 09:40 AM
centerseeker
centerseeker  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

No patience required. I love your posts. They always make me think.

02/06/2012 10:15 AM
christianink

Iken,

YOU think, friend you MIGHT have a little OCD? (Forgive the faint chuckle) I worry you're going to start on some string that you can't get off of guy! lol Clearly you use it in a positive way which is your personal growth and I commend you for that. I know (let's see if I can spell this right) there are synapsys and neurons in our brains that now can actually be seen. They fire, like guns, if you will, and have to hit other targeted parts of the brain. As Bipolars, they often misfire, don't fire at all, or miss the target. This is a pre-school lesson, but one that was told to me.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved