MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/01/2012 03:55 PM

my job sucks part ii

taters
taters  

My boss sent another email. My meds were upped and im still crying nonstop. I want to get out of teaching, its too demanding. I feel so dumb.

02/01/2012 04:06 PM
IDoNotKnow
IDoNotKnow  
VIP Member

I didn't realize you were a teacher!

I teach too. I teach elementary music.

I am so sorry your boss is being nasty! That is terrible. I know this is difficult but try not to take what he/she says personally.

Do you enjoy teaching the children? If you can, try to forget about your boss when you are teaching and focus on the children.

When were your medications increased? Unfortunately it is take a few weeks to feel the effects. That is what I have been told.

You are NOT dumb. I am sorry you are feeling so poorly.

Take Care

02/01/2012 04:07 PM
Catbaloo
CatbalooPosts: 6828
Group Leader

I'm so sorry, taters. The last I heard things were going better with your job.

I'm sorry you are crying.

You are NOT dumb.

02/01/2012 04:28 PM
pip4p

hey taters....teaching can be very stressful and high stress and BP do not mix well.

That I and others have had to learn. You are probably a great teacher but having

this condition requires managing all the influences that can put you in a downer. As you said, this is too demanding and it is obviously impacting you in a negative way. Please don't feel alone. I have had several great jobs which only lasted a year because making big money, in my case, meant high stress. When I finally figured out the connection, I put keeping my condition stable over making money. You are s smart gal and I'm sure you'll, like many of us, will figure out what to do that is in your own

best interest.It's not a nice position. Hang in there while you figure this out.

02/01/2012 04:57 PM
mem2427

Sorry you had a bad day! I hope things get better for you soon. Best wishes to you!

02/01/2012 08:45 PM
Joy75
Joy75  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

You are definitely not dumb. I'm sorry your boss is being this way. Is there anything else you are interested in that won't cause a lot of stress? Maybe you should explore your options. I hope you feel better.

02/01/2012 09:06 PM
yellowclocks
yellowclocks  

I tutor too, and I really, really feel you on the crazy bosses and the stresses of teaching. (An angry parent screamed at my boss last night threatening to sue her! I kind of hope he does.)

Cry if it makes you feel better! It's okay to cry. You are fighting an unbelievably difficult battle and you must take care of yourself. I personally knew that with my depressive phases, I couldn't be a teacher, so I'm studying to be an actuary instead... You are wonderfully resilient if you can keep doing it, and wonderfully wise if you choose not to anymore.

Also... today I told a student that 9 x 7 was 36. He's in algebra 1 and laughed at me. I hope you don't feel dumb.

02/02/2012 09:21 AM
taters
taters  

I just want out

02/02/2012 10:34 AM
yellowclocks
yellowclocks  

Have you considered switching careers?

02/02/2012 06:08 PM
taters
taters  

I want to. Jobs are hard to come by.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved