MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/31/2012 10:47 AM

High Threshold Physically & Emotionally

ZadieBlue
ZadieBluePosts: 4547
VIP Member

Last night I don't know how I figured it out, but I seemed to have an unusually high threshold for pain. To test this I pierced my ear, and felt no pain. So I kept myself safe, didn't do anything stupid.

I realized today that I am feeling this way emotionally as well -- it would take something of great magnitude to hurt my feelings. I would then give my offender a tongue lashing of a lifetime, and it would feel good.

What is going on here? Have I become half woman half machine? My senses are off. I'm not really complaining, but it could get me into trouble, or at the very least, result in a piercing I'll come to regret. Is this hypomania? Depersonalization? What?!?

Thanks,

Zadie

01/31/2012 10:49 AM
Catbaloo
CatbalooPosts: 6825
Group Leader

I don't have any answers for you, Zadie, but I hope you talk to your pdoc and tdoc about this. As you say, it could get you into trouble.

01/31/2012 10:57 AM
christianink

Zadie,

Isn't a proven medical fact that women can withstand more pain? Just think of birth? I think you should drop the pins for now and be content with your accomplishment.

I hope you're feeling better.

01/31/2012 12:05 PM
ZadieBlue
ZadieBluePosts: 4547
VIP Member

Just came from my tdoc's office. Yes, she says, you're acting strangely. Action plan: Take a bunch of downers.

~ Z

01/31/2012 03:28 PM
queenbean
queenbean  

Why is it that drugs are the solution for everything? I hope you find the peace you seem to be looking for. It can be frustrating when you feel "not yourself" and you can't exactly pinpoint the cause.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved