MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/15/2012 06:10 PM

Huge, Enormous Triggers?

JennyT

I called my parents for our usual Sunday night conference, and I found out that one of my uncles doused himself in gasoline and set himself on fire on Friday. He's alive but in ICU, and he's still fighting everyone every step of the way.

I just really have no idea what to do or say right now. I was already a bit on edge from the stress of this semester, but now I just have no words.

01/15/2012 06:13 PM
IDoNotKnow
IDoNotKnow  
VIP Member

I am so very sorry. You and your family are in my prayers.

01/15/2012 06:17 PM
uppitywoman
uppitywoman  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Oh Jenny, I'm not sure what to say either except that I am truly sorry for your uncle and how this is affecting you and your family. I'm sure this is stunning news and I can understand why you would be at a loss for words. It is hard to understand why someone would do something like that. I wish I had some words of wisdom for you, but you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

01/15/2012 06:22 PM
taters
taters  

I lost a friend that way, but i am glad you have support here. What you are going through is extremely hard. Know that you are in our prayers

01/15/2012 06:32 PM
Linda27
Linda27Posts: 227

I'm so sorry you are going through this. Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

01/15/2012 07:27 PM
Joy75
Joy75  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

How awful that he did that to himself. I'm very sorry that this has happened. How scary for you and your family. I will have you in my thoughts and prayers also. You are a strong person and you will get through this. We are here to support you through it too.

01/16/2012 01:40 AM
mem4809

I am so sorry to hear about your uncle. True, there are no words. I have a friend in ICU and it really set off a deep Depression for me, so watch your moods and if you plunge, catch it fast. My thoughts are with you.

01/16/2012 11:45 AM
christianink

Pray for good doctors and good Spirit Guides. May you be blessed.

01/16/2012 11:54 AM
nurse932

That must be a horrible feeling. I won't try to say that I understand how you feel, because without experiencing a situation it's impossible to understand. I do believe you have the potential of getting through and grow stronger from this experience. Just hold on tight and remember we are all here to support one another.

01/16/2012 12:09 PM
queenbean
queenbean  

I am so sorry you are experiencing this. You and your family are in my thoughts. Be sure to take care of yourself!

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved