MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/15/2012 01:33 PM

Can some help me understand the moods my husband

janjan61
janjan61  

I don't understand the ups and downs. I really want to. I love him with all my heart.

01/15/2012 02:20 PM
runawayangel

Its like being on a rollarcoaster you cant get off of. But with medication the right medication that is. The mood swings are less severe. Your more like your "old" self again. Your better able to concentrate. Your mood swings are further apart.

01/15/2012 02:43 PM
uppitywoman
uppitywoman  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Before I found the right "cocktail" of medications I was on a roller coaster of mood swings that I had no control over. I would drop down into deep depressions, sometimes becoming suicidal, and then at times fly high going with no sleep for days on end, getting angry and hypersexual. If he is on medications recently, they take a little while to work and sometimes it takes some trying of different medications to find what will work. If he is not yet on medications, he will continue to experience these mood swings until he is stabilized with them. How fortunate he is to have you in his life, that you are willing to want to understand and be supportive. I suggest that you read about the disorder to educated yourself. That will help you know what to expect and how to help.

01/15/2012 07:21 PM
Joy75
Joy75  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

The ups and downs are brought on by a chemical imbalance in the brain. Medications help balance out the brain. The best thing to do is educate yourself on the subject. Is he on medication and does he see a psychiatrist? I hope so. It's great that you are reaching out to people to try and learn and ask questions. I can tell you really love him a lot. You can learn a lot here from personal experiences of the members and you can get some support also. Welcome to the group!

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved