MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/03/2012 04:01 PM

help im new to this

raceylacey

hi im 26 a single mum ov 2(due 2 the fact i ruined my marrige).ive only just been diagnosed with bipolar..after years ov searching for answers...this has seriously ruined my life thanx 2 this illness ive f***ed my lfe up since i can remember i.ve lost jobs friendship and family and my marrage crashed my car and nearly ended up in prison...everything ive ever tried 2 do i fail....and people just think im some kinda monster when i try 2 tell them i dont no why i do these things..i genuinly dont no why i do the things i do..i was so glad when i was diagnosed finally things made sense..i wasnt just crazy or a bitch...but now the reality has hit me and the thougjt ov being like this forever .well i just dont see the point in even going on anymore..whats the point if i break everything o touch

.i cant carry on f***ing peoplrs lives up.

01/03/2012 04:10 PM
uppitywoman
uppitywoman  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hello raceylacey. It's hard having bipolar, true, but it's treatable and you can get stable and not do the things you have been doing. I used to behave badly when I got manic or would withdraw and be suicidal when depressed before I got on medication. Now I am no longer experiencing those things. Have you begun taking medications now? If so, there is hope! You can get better. Your life doesn't have to be like this. You are NOT going to be like this forever. With medications and for some, therapy, too, you can have a stable life. So don't lose hope. Things will get better. It may take some trial and error to find the right medications and dosages to find what will work for you, but hang in there, because you will get better.

01/03/2012 04:14 PM
Catbaloo
CatbalooPosts: 6829
Group Leader

Welcome to the group, raceylacey. You'll find lots of support, encouragement and information here. Please don't hesitate to PM me or any other group leader if you have any questions.

I'd be willing to be that almost everyone on this board has made mistakes and ruined their lives to some extent because of bipolar disorder. The good thing is that our lives don't have to stay ruined.

Being diagnosed means that you start treatment and treatment means that you become more stable. I was only recently diagnosed myself after twenty plus years of having bipolar disorder and I made many, many mistakes and many bad decisions. Now I'm on the right meds and feeling stable for the first time and things are improving for me every day.

You were searching for answers and now you have them. Now that you know what your enemy is, you can fight it. Things will get better for you.

Big hugs.

01/03/2012 04:18 PM
YorkieLove
YorkieLove  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Welcome. I understand how you feel. I have made many mistakes due to my illness or my trauma. I have hurt people, but the person I hurt the most was myself. I think this might be true in your case too.

Medication will make a world of difference. You won't have to live life on a rollercoaster any more. It make take a while to find the right meds, but don't give up. It is so worth the frustration once they get it right.

You have a lot to look forward to now that you are diagnosed. Hang in there.

01/04/2012 12:16 PM
Joy75
Joy75  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

It will get better with therapy and medications. Try to not think in the past. I know that is hard to do, but you can't change it. You can only make the future better. We've all made mistakes and sometimes have had no control over it with this illness. We blow up on people and say things we don't really mean, we do crazy things and don't know why. I'm sorry you have struggled for so long. I hope that you find your medication cocktail that works for you soon. Now that you know what it is, you can get better. Things aren't always easy, but with bipolar it makes it much harder. You will get through this and we will help you. We will be here to support you. There is always hope. Welcome to the group!

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved