MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
12/06/2011 08:14 AM

feel like crap

1quinten
1quinten  

I have a hard time relating to my kids, but today made me cry I dropped my 4 year old off at preschool and she was the one to say by mom not me so I hurried in the drop off lane and said bye sweetie before she couldn't hear me. I just don't feel like I deserve these beaustiful kids that I have two to be precise. sorry for my nonesense I just have no one to talk to right now.

12/06/2011 09:02 AM
JustJulie62
JustJulie62Posts: 925

You deserve your two beautiful children - and they NEED you. No matter how damaged you feel, they do not see this, they just see a mommy who they love. I'm not sure what you mean by not relating to them. I always draw from my own childhood as to how to relate to kids: what I wanted/needed at that age, how I felt at that age, etc..

Do you have anyone who can offer you some breaks away from your kids, so you can have your own time outs?

I can imagine how you feel though, it's tough being a mother BP or not. BP just compounds all the guilty feelings and worry. Hang in there. Wish I could offer you more solace. XXOO

12/06/2011 11:14 AM
1quinten
1quinten  

thank you for listening to my problems justjulie62 I will try what you suggested. I just feel like a crappy mom sometimes.

Post edited by: 1quinten, at: 12/06/2011 11:15 AM

12/06/2011 11:28 AM
JustJulie62
JustJulie62Posts: 925

We all feel like crappy moms sometimes - even those without BP. Trust me on this one. There is no handbook - we do our best. XXOO

12/06/2011 11:32 AM
Dit
Dit  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

I have times i feel like a crappy mom, i wish i could be there for them more, both emotionally and physically, but living with bp there are often times i want to isolate, be alone, i do try tho to fulfill their needs and i'm aware of this isolation i long for so i guess i'm moving in the right direction.

Being a mom is the most important job in the whole world and its got its demands, we need to be easy on ourselves, i try to be.

12/06/2011 03:30 PM
1quinten
1quinten  

thanks dit

12/07/2011 03:46 AM
MsAspiring
MsAspiring  

I am sorry you feel like you are a crappy mom but I am sure you are not. Matter of fact, I bet you are a great parent. Keep your head up and talk back to that gremilin that is telling you that you are a bad mom! ((((hugs)))

12/07/2011 07:10 AM
uppitywoman
uppitywoman  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

You aren't a crappy mom at all. I remember feeling that way, too with my son when he was living at home, but he has turned out to be a fine young man, one to be proud of. I must have not hurt him with my parenting. It's obvious she loves you by her stopping and turning to say goodbye to you. I'm sure you are a good mom to your children and you need to change your self talk. You love them and they know it, children pick up on things like that. Look in the mirror and tell the person you see that you are a great mom, then go out and love on your children. You are doing a great job!

12/07/2011 08:08 AM
WastedSpace

I have found that even with mood swings, grumpies, frustrations, that my kids have been able to look past that. Our children need us and for some reason they are able to look past that and see things withing us that we don't see ourselves. I often wonder who is the teacher and who is the student.

Don't beat yourself up because you are dealing with a condition that is sometimes out of your control. It's symptoms may rear their head up but they do not define you. You define you. And as just about everyone else has said in their post, you are not a crappy mom!

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved