MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
12/05/2011 08:20 PM

Art therapy. for the win!!

pheonixanime
pheonixanime  

I am doing decoupage in my next art class you should all try it, it is amazingly fun and creative. I forgot who said they do collages I think Lainey was one that does them but I plan to have alot of fun with mine. what is everyone else up to?

12/05/2011 10:08 PM
Edyn
Edyn  

I'm currently creating a mouse and cheese and a frog and fly measuring tape covers for my sisters for Christmas. If only I could get the feet right. Talk about frustration. Don't you hate sometimes when you are too friggen stubbern to frog a project and insist that you can make it work. There are times, very few mind you, when I think my creativity is a curse.

12/05/2011 10:12 PM
jennywren
jennywrenPosts: 3167

Edyn:"fly measuring tape covers "

Yeap I can see that covering a fly's legs would not be easy Smile

Jennywren

P.S by the way good on you for making something for your sisters.

12/05/2011 10:19 PM
Edyn
Edyn  

no no no It's a 'frog and fly' measuring tape cover. The frog is the case and the fly is on the end of the tape. That way when you press the button the frog gets to 'eat' the fly. Ditto on the 'mouse and cheese' cover.

Ok this is making me sound like I'm losing it. These covers go on retractable fabric measuring tapes. The ones that are about 2 inches across. I'm gonna stop talking now. I'm starting to sound like my dad when he explains the 'that thingy there goes over here and then we tighten the bolt thingy over there' kinda stuff. Why do I inherate the weird things? At least I don't make waffles by the blender sounds. That's just odd. Ok Shut Up Edyn.

12/05/2011 10:34 PM
jennywren

Ah. I now understand. Tell you what I do have to admire you. Bet they turn out beaut!

Jennywren

I like the way that the frog eats the fly. Great stuff

12/05/2011 10:41 PM
Edyn
Edyn  

you mean that actually made sense? Awsome! Mark one on the scoreboard for me! Smile

12/06/2011 12:49 AM
pheonixanime
pheonixanime  

that sounds awesome, have you thought about using pipe cleaners for the legs?

12/06/2011 03:58 AM
tryshx

I'm making my step son a pillow for Christmas, even embroidering his favorite cartoon characters on the front.

12/06/2011 09:31 AM
JustJulie62
JustJulie62Posts: 925

Next week i will have three grand girls to entertain. They love doing art, so I'm trying to think of some xmas crafing they can do - make ornaments, make a handmade Xmas card for the parents....I have a whole box of kraft sticks (popsicle) that I have no idea what to do with them...any ideas?

12/07/2011 03:06 PM
jennywren

I have resently had a spin buying things on ebay (have finished that now am now a few thousands short - ah well). But have now stopped. Phew.

I have a thing for glass beads and how have close to 800 or so of them.

The idea is the make braclets out of them. ie like the Pandora ones. But the beads are a lot cheaper than the Pandora ones.

Here is hoping I do something with them to-day.

Jennywren

Anyway now have the all over the kitchen table and there they are waiting for me to do something with them. Hope I do soon as really need the kitchen table.

Jennywren

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved