MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
11/18/2011 11:27 AM

Nightmares/Cold Sweats

DinoDarius
DinoDarius  

I've been having these weird dreams lately. It's either been having a really weird dream or a really horrible nightmare. I've been on my medication for awhile now, so I know that it's not the medication anymore. I'm not under a lot of stress. At least I don't feel like I'm under stress. I've actually been having a pretty relaxing week at college. I went to go see my psychiatrist and and said it was stress. I told him that I don't feel under stress and he said he doesn't know what it is. So could it be bipolar doing this to me?

11/18/2011 03:04 PM
sparklehorse

Do you have any history of prior trauma? Sometimes it can surface at the most inopportune times, that is if you have anyntrauma in your past. Just an idea.

Sorry, I don't know about bipolar and nightmares. Maybe someone else here does.

Feel better soon.

Penelope.

11/18/2011 03:25 PM
kellylynn
kellylynn  

Dianodarius, i just posted this morning that i have horrible nightmares at least twice a week. Where i wake up screaming and i also tend to sweat during these episodes. I am not under stress either. I know that there is a nightmare medication you can take. After reading what everyone has wrote back to me i am considering taking it. Just so you know i am right there with you on the nightmares.

11/18/2011 07:23 PM
sparklehorse

May I ask what the nightmare medication is?

11/18/2011 08:00 PM
all5senses
all5senses  

I have night terrors. I wake up screaming, hysterical and can't bring myself out of them even though I am awake. I feel like I'm suffocating, dying, like I am made of lead and can't move. It takes a long time of trying to make a sound until I can cry out "wake me up, wake me up". It takes another person to physically get me up and make me start trying to walk until I can finally come out of it. Then I shake and cry for a long time and am terrified of falling asleep again because I'm afraid I will go back in to the dream again even though I have no memory of what the dream was.

I think it comes from the anxiety and something my subconscious is going through when I am sleeping.

11/18/2011 09:08 PM
DinoDarius
DinoDarius  

No, I don't think I have an trauma...

Thanks everyone for sharing their stories! I just felt as if I was wondering if I'm the only who has been having nightmares.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved