MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
11/11/2011 10:17 AM

scared of my tdoc retiring or dying

platelet60
platelet60  

I know a lot of people might hate their tdocs but I really like mine, I've been.seeing him for years, its been a really insightful time and sometimes its all I have. But he's getting old and I know eventually ill have to say goodbye. I know, boo hoo poor me. But I hear talk of people firing their tdoc and starting over, and that kind of terrifies me. Kinda selfish. I mean the guy deserves his own life. I just sorta wish he were immortal.(yikes did I just write that?)

I'm also about to go talk to a divorce lawyer in a few minutes, so I'm nervous about what they're going to say, I don't want to go to war. I feel like I'm already under her power, shes going to make me take belligerent steps. Even though I'm paying her $200 cash.

Post edited by: platelet60, at: 11/11/2011 10:20 AM

Post edited by: platelet60, at: 11/11/2011 10:38 AM

11/11/2011 10:32 AM
soy70
soy70  

I feel that way about my pdoc more that my tdoc, maybe because he's still so new. My pdoc is like the attentive father I always wanted or needed.

Wishing you strength and patience today. I think I know you well enough to say you have a good head on your shoulders, and you should trust your instincts on this matter.

11/11/2011 10:36 AM
barelymanic
barelymanic  
VIP Member

I feel the same way about my social worker. she has been sick and i am concerned but have to admit that a big part of it is that she is the best social worker i have ever had and if i have a chance of getting the help i need it will be with her help. it's just human to be a bit selfish.

11/11/2011 11:01 AM
Cthebird
Cthebird  
Group Leader

I'm the one who just fired her tdoc, but I feel very different about my pdoc. My pdoc is my father's age (probably approaching 70) and I will be extremely sad when he retires. Other pdoc's I've met seem so cold and have been on the wrong track with prescribing me meds. I'm on a long list of meds and I'm sure some pdocs would want to trim it down significantly. I also see a new pdoc wanting to put me on a blasted med that I've been on and hated. I don't want to argue with anyone. It would be stressful.

11/11/2011 08:47 PM
bfly
bfly  
VIP Member

I really dig my pdoc. I'm having to move soon and thats very difficult. He has been really good to me. I validate your concerns over a potential loss. But all will be okay in the end. Faith.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved