MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
11/02/2011 12:27 PM

Whats the most frustrating thing about being bipol(page 6)

sumanic
sumanic  

Feeling tired after cycling

11/02/2011 01:17 PM
ZadieBlue
ZadieBluePosts: 4547
VIP Member

1). Brand new symptoms 2). A pdoc w/ a God complex

11/02/2011 03:14 PM
YorkieLove
YorkieLove  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I'm just a shadow of who I used to be. Meds, brain damage, lingering depression? IDK

11/02/2011 04:20 PM
bfly
bfly  
VIP Member

Not being able to handle stress very well... cycling during the times when you need stability THE MOST!

11/02/2011 05:02 PM
sumanic
sumanic  

uncontrolled thoughts and feelings

11/02/2011 05:06 PM
bfly
bfly  
VIP Member

The times when I am afraid...

11/03/2011 11:16 AM
Eric17
Eric17  

* Having no memory of what it's like to be 'normal' and spending my life wondering/chasing that elusive question: 'What is it like to be normal/stable/healthy'.

* Fear that I will never have that true, unconditional love. That special someone who views my brain disorder for what it is; an illness presenting occasional complications, not a reflection of who I am as a person. Now that I am much more healthy (yea CBT!) and have a handle on why I made the relationship choices I have in the past, the field is severely narrowed. I will not settle for less than being an equal partner in any relationship... I fear I will forever be alone Sad

11/03/2011 12:07 PM
soy70
soy70  

Post edited by: soy70, at: 11/03/2011 01:16 PM

11/03/2011 01:03 PM
soy70
soy70  

Post edited by: soy70, at: 11/03/2011 01:16 PM

11/03/2011 03:04 PM
Cthebird
Cthebird  
Group Leader

Just when you think things are finally getting better. When you think you now see the "real" you again. BAM! Another episode efs you up. Am I ever going to have a job again and not scare people away. Is this the maximum number of medications any person with bipolar disorder has ever taken (excluding other conditions)? At least 2 of my moodstabilizers are also anti-seizure meds, but my pdoc prescribed before the neurologist came into the picture. The neurologist is worthless. Thank God for my pdoc. My psychologist is worthless. He does nothing but talk about himself. He is so out of here, just like the neurologist. My gp is stiff but OK. My gynecologist used to be nice, but them she insulted my pdoc. I used to hate my endocrinologist, but now he is outta here.

I really thought I'd get rid of the Lithium. We were down to 600 mg. Now its back to 900 mg. Pdoc also doubled the Navane. Now I'm more vulnerable to Tardive Dyskensia and the other dyskensias. I don't blame him though. I did, however, not like when he told me to take a Seroquel tonight. I hate Seroquel. It makes feel like I'm brain dead. He also told me not to stop anywhere on my way home tonight. So I'm home. I called my husband and he said he would order a pizza and an antipasta. I'm a little hungry, but I haven't been very hungry since starting the Navane. One night I didn't even eat dinner. I guess that makes the Geodon somewhat ineffective. I wonder if I took all of my medications and vitamins/minerals and the fish oil capsule and put them in a measuring cup what size cup it would fill. It would be a real challenge if I had to take all of them alone. Today I filled up 6 pill boxes plus my husband's pill box. Instead of going back to a management job someday I should work on an assembly line. I'm getting good at it.

OK

Post edited by: Cthebird, at: 11/03/2011 03:15 PM

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 6 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved