MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
10/12/2011 12:54 PM

bits n' pieces

Edyn
Edyn  

while looking in reference in another forum, I discovered, to my horror, that bits n' pieces of our discussions are being pulled into their discussions and are being taken out of context and ridiculed.

I was under the impression that this was a big no-no on MDJ. If I know that, how come the group leader who did such a thing does not seem aware of this fact? Secondly, how come the members who are a part of both forums did not comment on the fact that they are 'witch hunting' and stop the behaviour sooner? There are some members of our group who are members of their group. It bothers me that those combo members feel it's all right to humiliate people with statements taken out of context. And it humiliates me that these certain combo people seem to feel a certain way on this page and then feel completely different on the other page.

Can we, as individuals with bipolar,not have the right to feel safe? Have the right to express our thoughts and feelings without having to worry what other forums think about us? Where is the respect?

As for those 'combo' members, you know who you are, you know what you're doing, and if I were you, I would feel ashamed at what you are doing. Pick a page and let us have our own space.

And yes, this is my opinion. But this is also something I feel strongly about. We are told not to slam one another, and then we are slammed unknowingly in another forum. Just for expressing ourselves. I am very tempted to copy and send this to Roy. But at this moment I am to livid to make a decision about that. I am giving it a couple of days. Oh and to the combo people, if you feel the need to copy paste an opinion from this forum, Copy paste this *#*#*#*#

10/12/2011 01:05 PM
platelet60
platelet60  

I'm trying to think if I ever said anything that could be quoted and taken out of context, and ridiculed...ummm, yep.

Please keep us posted, I don't know which other groups you're talking about, and I don't want to know right now because I'm trying to stay serene, particularly about the bipolar vs. SO conflicts...

10/12/2011 01:09 PM
Catbaloo
CatbalooPosts: 6829
Group Leader

Edyn, the thread has been locked.

10/12/2011 02:26 PM
Silverclaw
Silverclaw  

All of them?? I think not because I found way more than one!!! I was severely disturbed at what I saw! It is not fair! It is wrong of the worst degree! I could go on and on! They've already chased one of our own away! I've been trying to forget how abusive those things were!

10/12/2011 06:26 PM
youngfilly
youngfilly  
VIP Member

Lovely, Edyn, I would tell Roy. It's a blatant abuse of the rules

10/12/2011 10:05 PM
bfly
bfly  
VIP Member

That's really jacked up- haven't seen it yet... but GRRRR!

10/12/2011 10:17 PM
theoldme

SEE its reasons like this that I dont look into support groups and seek help....none of what we do or say is our own. And this is also y some shut down and shy away from help from fear of judgement or who has what to say about everyone else..

10/12/2011 10:20 PM
youngfilly
youngfilly  
VIP Member

Thats true old me, what you post in the public domain no longer belongs to you and is there for everyone to see and can come back to bite you. You would think tho with the nature of this site that the users would show some respect, esp considering how moderated the forums are

10/12/2011 10:42 PM
Edyn
Edyn  

First, somehow it doesn't surprise me that some of you know which forum I am speaking about.

Second, The thread was only locked AFTER I commented about it and after one of our own has been banned from the site.

Third, I really think that the administrators of MDJunction need to take a close look into this forum. I understand these members need a place to vent, but it appears to me that the venting has turned into something evil and disturbing. With it's group leaders seeming to lead the way.

And, I know there is no such word as fourthly but, It hurts to know that Eww was banned trying to get that forum to see what they were doing. She did have issues with tact, but her soul was beautiful. I miss her. I miss her honesty. I'm not sure what her posts were as they appear to not exist on said forum,and after my comment, I was accused of being her under a different name. I hope, If I have the guts enough to bring this to Roy's attention, that she is invited back to MDJunction. I know I would welcome her back with open arms.

And that, Bipolar group, is all I have to say about that.

10/13/2011 01:26 AM
Dit
Dit  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

I feel this discussion should have been posted under the Opinions Thread under Lounge Off Topic Discussions. Edyn your concerns with this matter can be brought to Roy's attention, there's nothing anyone here can do for you, yes we can give you an ear and some feedback but needs to be brought over to Opinions Thread...here's the link

http://www.mdjunction.com/forums/bipolar-support-forums/ lounge/79674-opinions

Post edited by: Dit, at: 10/13/2011 01:27 AM

Post edited by: Dit, at: 10/13/2011 01:33 AM

Post edited by: Dit, at: 10/13/2011 02:36 AM

Post edited by: Dit, at: 10/13/2011 05:40 AM

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved