MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
09/13/2011 08:56 AM

Hello again everone!

midspace
midspacePosts: 7

I am relatively new to this forum, and I have got to say this, it is heart wrenching to hear all your stories, and at the same time, inspiring. It is a constant battle to live with this disorder, to daily fight the negative and the destructive impulsis, and it comes at a great cost to the individual. I may add that, never give up hope, find the right medications, and hopefully we'll all come out stronger. Everyone in life has a unique perspective and that is what bipolar brings: It puts things in a different perspective and adds to the richness of this whole entity, the singularity, that is, the universe. If everyone were the same, there would be no color in life. And, each one of us has his own struggles and battles. But despite the adversity, each one of us is also endowed with a set of dispositions and talents. These strengths give us hope in the face of adversity. And, above all, enable us to cultivate a rich spirit. We must strive for this inner richness and we will find fullfilment in life.

09/13/2011 09:17 AM
soy70
soy70  

What thoughtful inspiring words! Thank you for that. I agree 100%.

09/13/2011 09:22 AM
Catbaloo
CatbalooPosts: 6829
Group Leader

I also agree. Good post.

09/13/2011 10:17 AM
JustJulie62
JustJulie62Posts: 925

Midspace, those are the most inspiring words posted on this site I've read (course I'm new too)...thanks for that.

09/13/2011 10:19 AM
Simpletakes
Simpletakes  

Thank you midspace, those are true words and it means a lot to know that we are more than what our disorder says about us!! Smile

09/13/2011 10:25 AM
manicmetoo
manicmetoo  

Excellent insight thank you very much!

09/13/2011 10:44 AM
cptblack
cptblack  
VIP Member

Very insightful my friend. You didn't say a word about society and their refusal to view as having medical conditions that every bit as valid as cancer or blindness and thus treating us as different.

But we are gathering strength and advocates who can educate the great society aboutus. You are one of these.

09/13/2011 11:45 AM
mem2427

Welcome,

You have a wonderful perspective on life. Love what you said.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved