MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/07/2009 08:42 AM

Children/genetics

MissMay1977

Have your children been diagnosed with anything? If so, what age was the diagnosis and what was the diagnosis?

Also if you do not mine sharing what is your diagnosis and does the other parent have any diagnosis?

The reason I ask is because my daughter ( age 12) has displayed ADHD symptoms in the past. I have an appointment to take her to the doc next week. I am diagnosed with BP II, and ADHD. Her dad is diagnosed ADHD. I know there are other things wrong with him ( drug abuser, and simply he is just not right, continues to make bad descions and is a felon) but he has not been diagnosed with anything else.

Basically my daughter does not have good genes.

I was just wondering how many of our children are diagnosed with disorders?

01/07/2009 08:50 AM
justashley

my son was diagnosed with adhd when he was 6. that was 3 years ago. i was dx with bpII july 2008. i am sure his dad has undiagnosed adhd. and i think his dad would even agree with that assessment. i do wonder if my son will be dually dx with bp as he gets older.

01/07/2009 08:56 AM
jritchie
jritchie  
VIP Member

My daughter is diagnosed with OCD, my son was diagnosed with ADHD when he was 17, but we both think it may be BP, I'm sure my daughter also has either BP or BPD, maybe both, and one son has occasional bouts of depression.

01/07/2009 08:58 AM
Ele

My son (he is 18 and was also diagnosed as ADHD) has a tentative diagnosis as bp and is on a mood stabilizer. I have a daughter who I think might be bp II. Her moods go up and down and all around. She would be a rapid cycler. She has a psychology degree so I hesitate to bring it up. She should know the symptoms. I am going to find a way to ask her about her moods.

01/07/2009 09:03 AM
2confused
2confused  

My daughter, ages 4 and 5, are currently seeing a therapist once a month I think. She think the oldest one my be in the early stages of BP but says its too soon to give that diagnosis

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved