MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
09/07/2011 07:22 AM

Can I be bipolar....

sparklehorse

if I am only depressed and have't a breeze of hypo for many months (years?) now?Ermm

*sigh*

09/07/2011 07:52 AM
afmom

I really can't answer that for you. I think that would be a question best asked to your pdoc. Best luck to you.

09/07/2011 08:16 AM
sparklehorse

Thanks AFMom, tis true. I really was only grumbling on about my moods and the dx's I can collect like a prize winning pig collects ribbons at a county fair.

*sigh, again*

Blink

Thanks!

09/07/2011 08:25 AM
sarahtroy
sarahtroy  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

sparklehorse, Afmom is correct in that nobody can diagnose you except your pdoc. This would be a great topic to bring up at your visit with your pdoc today. I just looked up the definition of Bipolar II in the DSM-IV-TR (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fourth Edition, Text Revision. If you've had at least one hypomanic episode, then you are Bipolar II. But do talk about this with your pdoc today.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved