MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
08/31/2011 05:55 PM

Bipolar Survey - Please Take a Minute!(page 2)

chaudoin
chaudoin  

Lone wolf or social butterfly, if you had to pick one? (introvert or extrovert?)

INTROVERT

Do you isolate? If so, why?

YES, BECAUSE I AM USUALLY DEPRESSED AND DON'T WANT TO BE AROUND PEOPLE AND HAVE TO PRETEND TO CARE.

Are you a creative person?

YES

How do you express your creativity?

SINGING AND PHILOSOPHY

When you're at your most creative, what kind of mood are you generally in?

HAPPY, NOT DEPRESSED

Do you read often?

YES

Do you write often?

YES

How do you feel your social awareness (how well you perceive others thoughts and emotions) is in comparison to an average person? Scale: 1 -2 - 3 -4 -5 with 1 being completely socially unaware, 5 being extremely socially aware, and 3 being an average person.

Do you have/experience social anxiety?

YES

How are your social interaction skills? (Communication skills?)

GOOD WHEN I AM NOT ANXIOUS

Are you an emotional person? Scale: 1 -2 - 3 -4 -5 with 1 being completely unemotional, 5 being extremely emotional, and 3 being an average person.

Do you consider yourself to be an empathic person? Empathy: to understand the feelings of another.

YES VERY MUCH SO.

Type of Bipolar disorder? (Bipolar I, Bopolar II, rapid cycle?)

BIPOLAR II SEVERE DEPRESSION ANXIETY AND DDD

--- The discussion has been locked ---

08/31/2011 06:01 PM
mimmy
mimmy  

paste the whole survey in comments! Thanks.

Lone wolf or social butterfly, if you had to pick one? most of the time extrovert

Do you isolate? If so, why? yes, burnt out on sounds, light, or emotions

Are you a creative person? yes

How do you express your creativity? writing, fiber arts, sewing

When you're at your most creative, what kind of mood are you generally in? bossy

Do you read often? no

Do you write often? everyday

How do you feel your social awareness (how well you perceive others thoughts and emotions) is in comparison to an average person? Scale: 1 -2 - 3 -4 -5 with 1 being completely socially unaware, 5 being extremely socially aware, and 3 being an average person. pass

Do you have/experience social anxiety? somtimes

How are your social interaction skills? (Communication skills?) below average

Are you an emotional person? Scale: 1 -2 - 3 -4 -5 with 1 being completely unemotional, 5 being extremely emotional, and 3 being an average person. 4

Do you consider yourself to be an empathic person? Empathy: to understand the feelings of another. depends on the day

Type of Bipolar disorder? (Bipolar I, Bopolar II, rapid cycle?) bipolar nos rapid cycling with psychotic features

08/31/2011 06:02 PM
globalmind
globalmind  

Lone wolf or social butterfly, if you had to pick one? (introvert or extrovert?)

Lone Wolf

Yes, to the extreme. I don't handle critcism well at all. It's like I have no protection against it. Whereas others can let most stuff slide.

Yes, I sell paintings

Art and Stories

Actually usually angry for some reason

Do you read often?

I listen to audiobooks since I listen while I paint and eye strain is a problem

Do you write often?

Yes, notebooks full

How do you feel your social awareness (how well you perceive others thoughts and emotions) is in comparison to an average person? Scale: 1 -2 - 3 -4 -5 with 1 being completely socially unaware, 5 being extremely socially aware, and 3 being an average person.

1 online, but 3 in real life. I must need visual clues.

Yes, I mostly avoid it anymore

3 IRL, 1 online

Are you an emotional person? Scale: 1 -2 - 3 -4 -5 with 1 being completely unemotional, 5 being extremely emotional, and 3 being an average person.

Yes, 5

Do you consider yourself to be an empathic person? Empathy: to understand the feelings of another.

Yes, unless I feel attacked then I lose all sense of empathy unfortunately

I think Bipolar 1 (but I've also been diagnosed schizo affective)

08/31/2011 06:09 PM
MellowDraw

Thanks Globalmind and Mimmy. Got lots so far, would like quite a few more. Keep them coming.

08/31/2011 06:48 PM
stevesayshi
stevesayshi  

lone wolf, social outcast

So I can't hurt the one's I love.

I'd like to think I'm scientifically creative.

In any way satifies wire sculptures,mini trebuchet,

Usually feels good to work on something that satifies me. Although it's hard to get my attention sometimes.

Do you read often?

I used to read a lot of books as a kid. Stephen King pet cemetery at ten. Now I read on the internet all kinds of non-fiction subject's

Do you write often?

I journal occasionally. I've been trying to type. I am so slow at it.

It bugs me to go to walmart. People seem to tune into me, I seem to draw the wackos out.

They seem to be somewhat decent. Never a dull moment if you know me.

People emotion's around me are huge triggers. There sadness or hapiness or their anger all hit me like a brick wall. I feel that emotion, the one their feeling.

Bipolar II I seem to cycle rather fast. Monthly cycles some time's if they arn't to extreme. It seems to be the more extreme the mood the longer it last.

well there's my two bits. I hope it helps.Cool

08/31/2011 06:53 PM
MellowDraw

Thanks Steve!

08/31/2011 07:01 PM
uncertainone

social butterfly

Yes, because I don't want to lose my friends and I don't want them to see me as a mental head case when I'm in an episode.

I can write, but i am not artist. I like music, but don't play an instrument.

I'm busy working 53 hours a week avg, not much time for creativity.

Happy or mad.

Do you read often?

Usually a book a month, sometimes more.

Do you write often?

Once or twice a month.

Mostly 5

When I'm in a severe episode I don't want to see or talk to people. I have difficulty going to the store.

Good to excellent.

4.5 ( if not in an episode 3.5)

Very empathic

I thought I was bipolar 2, but I'm also a rapid cycler/Mixed. So I don't know. I'm usually hypomanic.

08/31/2011 07:05 PM
MellowDraw

Thanks alot Uncertainone.

08/31/2011 07:37 PM
puppyPower
puppyPower  

Lone wolf. totally an introvert, passive/aggressive

yes. I don't like being around most people, even those I considered friends. It is just too hard these days. I get what I call 'crusty'... a feeling of extreme sleepyness and a severe need to be alone.

At times. I can do a weeks worth of work in a few hours, or at times (less often) an hours worth of work in a week

I don't

Elevated, happy, almost extatic. LOOK AT WHAT I CAN DO!

Do you read often?

I used too. Now my ADD is too bad to read a book without taking a few weeks and my memory is such that by the time i get to the end I've forgotten the beginning.

Do you write often?

I try to keep a journal. It ranges from every day to 5 or 6 times a month depending upon mood.

1 - totally socially unaware. everything is a threat. everything is against me. Avoid at all costs

Yes. See previous questino

Non existant. The only exception is if I'm paying for your time (ie therapist, psychiatrist). Then I tell the truth, all of it, good and bad.

2 - I HATE showing emotion, but I still have them

I understand the feeling of another as long as they don't have anything to do with me.

Bipolar II with psychosis

08/31/2011 07:59 PM
MellowDraw

Appreciate it puppypower.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 2 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved