MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
08/31/2011 03:09 PM

Bipolar Survey - Please Take a Minute!

MellowDraw

Hello all, I'm writing a term paper for my psychology class and I'm in need of information! I'm looking to gather personality traits that bipolar individuals identify with (not necessarily the symptoms that doctors use for diagnosis). If you're bipolar (a requirement I'm afraid) then I would greatly appreciate you taking a bit of your time to fill this out. The thing is I need you to be as honest as possible, lying does me a disservice, so if you don't want to answer a question just write 'pass'.

Please copy and paste the whole survey in comments! Thanks.

Lone wolf or social butterfly, if you had to pick one? (introvert or extrovert?)

Do you isolate? If so, why?

Are you a creative person?

How do you express your creativity?

When you're at your most creative, what kind of mood are you generally in?

Do you read often?

Do you write often?

How do you feel your social awareness (how well you perceive others thoughts and emotions) is in comparison to an average person? Scale: 1 -2 - 3 -4 -5 with 1 being completely socially unaware, 5 being extremely socially aware, and 3 being an average person.

Do you have/experience social anxiety?

How are your social interaction skills? (Communication skills?)

Are you an emotional person? Scale: 1 -2 - 3 -4 -5 with 1 being completely unemotional, 5 being extremely emotional, and 3 being an average person.

Do you consider yourself to be an empathic person? Empathy: to understand the feelings of another.

Type of Bipolar disorder? (Bipolar I, Bopolar II, rapid cycle?)

Post edited by: MellowDraw, at: 08/31/2011 03:38 PM

Post edited by: MellowDraw, at: 08/31/2011 03:43 PM

--- The discussion has been locked ---

08/31/2011 03:22 PM
Bangbang
Bangbang  
Group Leader

Lone wolf but people think I am an extrovert

I can't stand to be alone...but not a social butterfly

Creative in my manic state

Creative writing

Most crative when High

My wife said she should have been a book

I write on the internet

I don't have social anxiety...my anxiety is free floating

I have great social skills

I am very aware of the feelings of others but wish I was not...to much pain

Bipolar I

08/31/2011 03:30 PM
MellowDraw

Thank you very much! To all other though please copy and paste the whole survey when responding! I should of been more clear.

08/31/2011 03:35 PM
MellowDraw

Lone wolf or social butterfly, if you had to pick one? (introvert or extrovert?)

Lone wolf/Introvert.

Do you isolate? If so, why?

Yes I do. I feel best when I'm by myself, and sometimes I get overwhelmed by others emotions.

Are you a creative person?

Yes Very.

How do you express your creativity?

I mainly write, occasionally I draw.

Im usually manic when I'm at my best.

Do you read often?

Yes I most certainly do.

Do you write often?

Yes I do.

How do you feel your social awareness (how well you perceive others thoughts and emotions) is in comparison to an average person? Scale: 1 -2 - 3 -4 -5 with 1 being completely socially unaware, 5 being extremely socially aware, and 3 being an average person.

Yes, I do at times.

Very good when in a good mood or manic, horrible when depressed and low.

Are you an emotional person? Scale: 1 -2 - 3 -4 -5 with 1 being completely unemotional, 5 being extremely emotional, and 3 being an average person.

Do you consider yourself to be an empathic person? Empathy: to understand the feelings of another.

Yes I'm extremely empathic.

Bipolar 1 rapid cycle.

Post edited by: MellowDraw, at: 08/31/2011 03:37 PM

08/31/2011 03:39 PM
sumanic
sumanic  

Lone wolf but people seem I am outgoing I would rather be alone most of the time.

Yes I isolate often. Usually because I really don't like being around other people when I am manic it causes problems and if I am depressed well I just want to be alone.

Yes

I like to work on multiple projects

Manic

Daily

Daily

Yes

Good

No but I try

Bipolar I,rapid cycle

08/31/2011 03:41 PM
MellowDraw

Thank you.

08/31/2011 03:50 PM
Enigma1969
Enigma1969  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Lone wolf or social butterfly, if you had to pick one? (introvert or extrovert?)introverted

Do you isolate? If so, why? yes. To stay out of people's

Are you a creative person? To certain point I am, I tattoo, as an apprentice

How do you express your creativity? Drawing, tattooing

When you're at your most creative, what kind of mood are you generally in? My mood goes up down. Usually the ups will do it.

Do you read often? Not really, I should read more.

Do you write often? Yes. I like to journal

How do you feel your social awareness (how well you perceive others thoughts and emotions) is in comparison to an average person? Scale: 1 -2 - 3 -4 -5 with 1 being completely socially unaware, 5 being extremely socially aware, and 3 being an average person.1-2

Do you have/experience social anxiety? yes.

How are your social interaction skills? (Communication skills?)communication skills are not very good, but it's something that I am working on. When I'm hypomanic I can talk about anything

Are you an emotional person? Scale: 1 -2 - 3 -4 -5 with 1 being completely unemotional, 5 being extremely emotional, and 3 being an average person. 4

Do you consider yourself to be an empathic person? Empathy: to understand the feelings of another. sometimes

Type of Bipolar disorder? (Bipolar I, Bopolar II, rapid cycle?)Bipolar II

Post edited by: Enigma1969, at: 08/31/2011 03:52 PM

08/31/2011 03:52 PM
MellowDraw

Thanks Enigma!

08/31/2011 03:58 PM
lollipop
lollipop  
VIP Member

This survey is done by my husband who is bipolar. He doesn't yet want to join mdj, but here are his answers.

Introvert

Do you isolate? If so, why? Yes, I dont require people that often. I do have friends but I like to be alone. I really don't enjoy socializing except with some very close friends or family occasionally.

Are you a creative person? NO

How do you express your creativity? I'm not creative at all.

Do you read often? No

Do you write often? No.

How do you feel your social awareness (how well you perceive others thoughts and emotions) is in comparison to an average person? Scale: 1 -2 - 3 -4 -5 with 1 being completely socially unaware, 5 being extremely socially aware, and 3 being an average person. 2

Yes

Very good when I feel like talking. Sometimes I don't talk at all when others are around, if I'm in a depressive mood.

Are you an emotional person? Scale: 1 -2 - 3 -4 -5 with 1 being completely unemotional, 5 being extremely emotional, and 3 being an average person. 1

Do you consider yourself to be an empathic person? Empathy: to understand the feelings of another. Not much.

Bipolar 1 with Catatonia

08/31/2011 04:12 PM
MellowDraw

Thanks!

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved