MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
08/30/2011 07:16 PM

Bp & Deja Vu -- a connection?

platelet60
platelet60  

Maybe it's the medications I'm on, but I have been getting the most epic deja vu lately! Like mega deja vu, and each time it's followed by a ripple of chilling anxiety that is reminiscent of what i felt when I used to have delusions before risperidone. I can recover pretty quickly, I don't think I am at any risk of a break or anything, I stop wondering what's real after about three seconds. You know what I'm talking about: "I've seen this street corner before, and that FedEx truck zooming by and the lady on the cellphone walking past in her blue yoga pants, talking about a gallery opening. I've been here before."

A bigger topic is memory. Similar to deja vu, I can suddenly remember a quite specific detail from a dream I had ten years ago, an almost intrusive memory. Meanwhile a conversation I had three hours ago remains cloudy and I can't summon it up again to save my life, not the person's face either.

Does anyone ever have little harmless blips like these and wonder if bipolar disorder or a medication has anything to do with it? Maybe it's just me. The deja vu just seems more harsh than I remember it being years ago, and I wonder what's different.

I was going to put this in the lounge, but it seemed like a legitimate line of questioning for this forum.

08/30/2011 09:00 PM
whatthefisup
whatthefisup  

The way you explained the bit about dreams is something I can relate to very much. And the deja vu thing seems to be linked to my dreams, thats how strong it is for me. I remember a handful of dream that I had in my childhood of a place or location and later in life I find my self in that exact location. When I use to be hyper-religious I thought it was Gods way of indicating to me that I was "on track" or something like that. Now I see that I was a bit delusional but either way its kinda cool, deja vu and very lucid dreams that seem to come true...

I dont know if my meds have made these experiences worse or not because Ive only been taking them for 2 months now, sorry!

08/30/2011 09:26 PM
soy70
soy70  

Deja Vu is cool, but freaky; whenever someone says deja vu! They're usually freaking out about it, and I imagine having bipolar does add another dimension to that freakiness. Memory can just play tricks on us too. Sometimes my timeline on this site freaks me out because I could have sworn a post was placed days ago, and it's only on today; but that could just mean I spend too much time here. ; )

I'm sorry I don't have anything that helpful to say, I just thought this was an interesting topic. I hope it's not bothersome but rather something that adds to the mystique of life, that's what I always thought of deja vu.

Post edited by: soy70, at: 08/30/2011 09:27 PM

08/30/2011 11:35 PM
Edyn
Edyn  

I get deja vu quite regularly, we're talking at least once a day. Sometimes more. Though on a multiple day I usually end up getting all freaky and usually end up leaving work early. I've probably done this to myself. One of my favorite movies is the Matrix and if you've seen it you know what deja vu means there. And once I get something into my head....well it's hard to get it out.

08/30/2011 11:47 PM
soy70
soy70  

I loved that movie Momento, that experience of watching it and trying to put it in order, that how I feel some days.

08/31/2011 05:06 AM
Volante
Volante  

I do not have dejavu very often but I dream like crazy because of the drugs I am on. The great thing is that most of my dreams are awesome and I hardly have nightmares or anything close to them.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved