MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
08/05/2011 09:07 AM

Common to have Bipolar and Social anxiety?

Spooky
Spooky  

Just curiouse how many other illnesses come as a package deal for bipolar.. I have ADHD which i heard some scientists and doctors believe is directly related to developing Bipolar, Paranoia<--I think that one is just a symptom of the bipolar tho... and Social and general anxiety disorders, just wondering how common it is to have this combo of illnesses. it just feels like my Pdoc only wants to help me with the Bipolar. Are there Social anxiety meds that dont interfere or are ok to take with the bipolar meds? or is it like one or the other? god i just want him to give me something to make me not give a crap when im around people, to stop seeing everyone as an enemy preparing to embarrass me at the slightest social missstep. ya know?

08/05/2011 09:48 AM
manicmetoo
manicmetoo  

I think its very common, just from what I see on MDJ. I have GAD, OCD, ADHD with agoraphobic tendencies. The bipolar meds help in a huge way with the agoraphobia which for me I think happens when I am depressed. I think I get really paranoid when I am depressed and just dont think I have the ability to function without everyone seeing my crazy. I like my crazy to be well hidden from the world.

Alot of people take antidepressants for social and GAD, but there is a risk of making you manic.

08/05/2011 02:02 PM
Spooky
Spooky  

I definitely have agoraphobic tendencies, just never knew what to call it as i figured saying i was agoraphobic was a bit extreme, because if i have to go outside i can, but im always inside, like 90% of my life is inside, in my room. I always feel "off" when im out. I dont like the feeling, if i had my way, i would never leave this house... when im out, i miss home.. so much,

08/05/2011 02:32 PM
WastedSpace

I have bipolar, OCD (anxiety d/o) and ADHD. From what I understand, they're all located in the same region of the brain. So yeah, I think it's fairly common.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved