MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
08/02/2011 10:07 PM

feeling real anxious tontie

number1pic
number1pic  

Start feeling real anxious don't no why? Was having a good day up til now, now all of a sudden I'm having rough time controling nerves

08/03/2011 04:04 AM
barelymanic
barelymanic  
VIP Member

There are quiet a few people here who suffer from anxiety. Hopefully one of them will answer. Any way, this comment will bump up your question.

08/03/2011 06:34 AM
ApRiLGeTsAngry77

A big warm welcome to your number1pic. I apologize you are just now getting a response to your thread. I have anxiety sometimes to. What helps me to determine why I feel anxious is to think about my thoughts I was having right when I started to feel anxious. Deep breathing helps to relieve anxiety. Breathe in through your nose to the count of 5 and out through your mouth to the count of 7. Also, Benadryl has sedative properties and can help relieve some anxiety but be careful because it has also been known to wire people. I hope you are feeling more relaxed by now. (((hugs))

08/03/2011 06:49 AM
globalmind
globalmind  

I've stopped trying to work my way through it anymore. I take something now. All it did was amp it's way up to a really, really bad place. This last week has been very difficult. I don't even mess around with it anymore. I end up crazy angry and suicidal, so, no more. Ask your doctor for the right medication IMO.

08/03/2011 09:06 AM
ZadieBlue
ZadieBluePosts: 4583
VIP Member

Yeah, when you take something like Xanex (short half-life) it'll calm your anxiety, but then when it rapidly leaves your system you can start feeling worse. Guess that's why docs like Klonopin (long half-life).

Zadie

08/03/2011 11:04 AM
capecod84
capecod84  

that happens to me all of the time--my lamictal helps but my xanax takes the edge off my family doesnt like me on it because they say I act drugged, but it makes me feel better--you have to do what makes you comfortable-therapy helps to a point-but I think a prn like klonipin or xanax is the best help

08/03/2011 12:03 PM
capecod84
capecod84  

if i get some answers from tdoc today i will come back and post maybe it will help others

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved