i no longer have friends

my neighbors are naturally unfriendly

my therapist is getting ready to dump me

nobody cares.

zadie

06/19/2011 03:44 PM
capecod84
capecod84  

Right now I am having similar feelings, like my family doesn't want to be around me and neither do any of the friends I have left. Its like no one understands. Its hard to make yourself chipper when thats not how you feel. I haven't been dating in a while either and that was never the case before. I am the same age as you. We are both attractive females, I just wonder how to explain this to a man. I have been feeling like I was all by myself for weeks it goes on for years. Its just hard to fight it. At least I can come here. You know we all care here. If someone doesn't show up or update us we get concerned. I think you have come a long way. I think you would make a good friend to anyone, just don't let people use you or walk all over you.

06/19/2011 04:03 PM
ZadieBlue
ZadieBluePosts: 4547
VIP Member

People seem to forget me. I pass through air and nobody notices.

To make matters worse, I sat through "On the Beach" for the first time this morning. I'd be the chick sitting alone on the beach popping her pill.

I feel like I've destroyed my life, that it's gone gone gone and getting worse.

Z

06/19/2011 04:09 PM
sarahtroy
sarahtroy  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Zadie, some of what you list is circumstantial and will change.

06/19/2011 04:20 PM
mem3861

I am so sorry you feel this way. I'm going through the same thing today. I don't feel like my family cares about me, like they are sick of me being sick, and don't want to talk to me or seem to thing I am being foolish or want attention. I feel like my roommates thing I am a drag and I'm bringing them down or needing too much attention.

I had a bad reaction to Saphris Monday and had to go to the ER, the reaction, probably the fever triggered a migraine headache, so I've had to deal with that too. I've been incapacitated almost all week.

I've been trying to make friends, but it feels like I am not getting anywhere.

I met this guy at church last week that I really like, and I wanted to talk to him again today, but I was too sick to even go. Then I thought, he probably wouldn't want to date me if he knew about my problems, or maybe he has a girlfriend.

I wasn't in this mindset last week, it's been all this stuff that happened that got me feeling so bad.

I think a lot of it is in my head right now, and when I am feeling better physically I'l have a better outlook. I'm trying to reason with myself that things aren't so bad.

Maybe things aren't so bad for you either, and different mindset might help you too?

06/19/2011 04:33 PM
Magik
Magik  

Zadie hun I am invisble too I feel like a ghost no one sees or hears..I know how how you feel ...hugs.

I am so sorry you are hurting...life really bites A** a lot of times..it is so hard to meet friends find the right doc,etc...

hugs

06/19/2011 04:44 PM
ZadieBlue
ZadieBluePosts: 4547
VIP Member

I'm afraid I'm being just plain factual. Most days I can deal with the damage, but other days I cannot.

I volunteered today and it was as if I hadn't been there.

Can't get a real job. Too old too fat whatever. Certainly qualified, often over-qualified.

And I just can't STAND that my therapist wants to dump me. It is the worst betrayal I have ever felt. I'm too much trouble, not worth her time. She's turned mean. Actually, it's already happening and I'm already in the middle of the betrayal. I was once a therapist, and I would NEVER EVER have dumped a client, especially after 7 1/2 years! If she, when she dumps me I'll be in the hospital unable to tell my right from my left. She'll be relaxing in her million $ home in Newton, MA. No biggie. Moving on.

I will never again go to therapy after her. I can't do this again. I'm so hurt. But I guess everything dies eventually.

Z

06/19/2011 04:54 PM
Catbaloo
CatbalooPosts: 6829
Group Leader

Perhaps you will find a therapist that you like better and who helps you even more than this therapist has. Sometimes relationships have to end so you can find a new, better relationship.

Change is scary, but it can be exciting too. Remember, if nothing changes, nothing changes. Maybe this will be a change for the better for you.

Hugs.

Post edited by: Catbaloo, at: 06/19/2011 04:56 PM

06/19/2011 05:01 PM
ASO1979able
ASO1979able  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I'm sorry that you are losing your therapist, unfortunately there are many reasons that people lose their therapist or drs and it is very hard to build that relationship with someone new. Please do not turn your back on yourself, continue to look for the help that you need and don't let someone else's ( ie: your therapist) life circumstances stand in your way.

06/19/2011 05:45 PM
Enigma1969
Enigma1969  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Zadie,

I wish I could help you. I understand your loneliness, but I can't relate. Even though I have family at my house and nearby, I still feel as if I'm the only one who understands me. My friend zipped out on me when I really needed them. I'll be thinking of you (HUGS).

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved