MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
06/10/2011 08:54 AM

is this blah feeling "normal"

usmcwife
usmcwife  

Is feeling blah and numb a little zombified, is this what "normal" feels like or is this maybe mild depression? Stupid meds, I like unmedicated me better.

06/10/2011 09:07 AM
afmom

I'm on Lamictal and I don't have that feeling. Maybe you should talk to you pdoc and have your meds checked or tweeked. you shouldn't feel like a zombie. You should feel like a human. I know it has done wonders for me. But everyone is different.

06/10/2011 09:41 AM
sarahtroy
sarahtroy  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

I agree with afmom. I'm also on Lamictal and I don't feel blah, numb or zombified. Please contact your pdoc and described how you're feeling and get their opinion.

06/10/2011 06:50 PM
Joy75
Joy75  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

That's no way to live, you don't have to. There are so many medications out there to try and won't make you feel this way. You just need to find that right combination and keep trying.Don't ever give up. Call your psychiatrist and let him know how you are feeling so he can help you. You shouldn't have to suffer.

06/11/2011 01:45 AM
ApRiLGeTsAngry77

I have experienced feeling blah and like a zombie but it wasn't with my current meds. I forgot which meds I was taking at the time. Talk with your doctor about how you are feeling. NO, this is not how normal feels. Feeling normal or average involves feeling passion and zest for life. Be proactive about your mental health and insist on a med tweak. Good Luck!

06/11/2011 08:11 AM
ZadieBlue
ZadieBluePosts: 4547
VIP Member

I wouldn't be so fast to blame in all on the meds. I mean, it could be the meds, but maybe not. Sometimes we get to that state from reacting to something, very fight / flight. Especially if you have any history of trauma or were conditioned to bury your emotions. When you're experiencing this, you can't feel anything bad -- it's almost like being invincible. It may actually be an active process. If you weren't feeling anything, you wouldn't have posted . . . ?

I believe it's normal though heavier than your typical person's experience. If it drags on and on and on though, then yeah, I'd go for a med change.

I might not be right, but I'm offering an alternative theory. The most important thing is how you want to live your life. "Normal" doesn't exist.

Take care, Zadie

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved