MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
06/02/2011 07:29 AM

anyone take cymbalta?

24loquitas
24loquitasPosts: 241

My Pdoc added cymbalta to my medication regimen. Curious if anyone else takes it?

06/02/2011 08:52 AM
afmom

I'm taking Cymbalta. Not having any problems with it. Are you having issues with it?

06/02/2011 08:58 AM
24loquitas

Nope. Just gonna start it today. Has it helped your depression or anxiety?

06/02/2011 09:32 AM
ZadieBlue
ZadieBluePosts: 4547
VIP Member

I was in a bad way while taking this medication -- I pretty much lost my job due to my inability to function. It was like trying to walk through Jello. I've never felt that way on an antidepressant before, but it's highly possible that I was feeling this way prior to taking this med and that it just didn't help my symptoms. Doesn't it also work on Norepinephrine as well? I tend to do poorly on such meds.

Just curious for all those taking Cymbalta: Does it really help with pain? Bad back here!

Zadie

06/02/2011 09:58 AM
Arauna

Hey Zadie - I had a similar experience with the Cymbalta. It literally turned me into a zombie; I remember sitting on my deck with my head hanging down and drooling on myself. This was within a few days of starting it. My pdoc took me off of it and put me on nortriptyline which has been a miracle drug for me. It is a tricyclic, one of the older antidepressants, but it works like a charm for me.

06/02/2011 10:01 AM
24loquitas

Great. Now I am scared to take it

06/02/2011 10:14 AM
wolfmanpark
wolfmanpark  
VIP Member

Zadie I think it makes my back pain worst but according to the pdoc it has been proven to help with some pain. I have spinal pain galore and it does nothing for this. But it might help some Im sure.

06/02/2011 11:58 AM
ApRiLGeTsAngry77

I have taken Cymbalta almost a year now and I have had no problems with it. I don't have chronic pain so not sure about that but it does relieve most of my depression.

06/02/2011 07:30 PM
manicmetoo
manicmetoo  

I have fibro and it helps greatly. I never felt like a zombie on it though.

06/03/2011 01:42 PM
StoryCollector
StoryCollector  

I've never been on Cymbalta, so I cannot contribute any information. Reading these posts it strikes me how each person's body chemistry is different, and has a unique response to medications. I am sensitive to even low doses of anything. In the 34 years since being diagnosed, I took lithium for almost 20. Just Depakote for a while, with Lamictal added within the last few years. This is a good combination for me. Thank God!

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved