MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
05/08/2011 06:39 AM

Using my mental illness against me.

LoveJunkie83
LoveJunkie83  

I have been away for a while because a lot of really hard things have been going on in my life. First things first all these rumors starting going around that I was cheating on my husband and someone was living at my house while my husband has been away at a military training. Absolutely not true. Then we found out who it was and it was a girl I used to work with who got fired for stealing. She then told my boss that I was nuts and was just going to end up back in the hospital and it was stupid to keep me on at work. My boss didn't believe her, but let me know that more things were said and that she was worried about what this girl was going to try to do since she was obviously so upset with me. Since then I have gotten threatening text messages, my husband has gotten many phone calls from random numbers telling him I'm cheating and she even called my husbands command and reported that I was commiting infidelity. My boss said she thinks from what she told her that she is trying to prove that I am unstable and that I need to go back into the hospital so she is bullying me to see if I break. She even stalked my face book page and because my Dad asked how I was doing she reported back to my boss (even though she doesn't work there anymore) that something was wrong with me and I was unstable because people were worrying about me. What do I do? She is starting to get to me and I don't know what to do. She knew that I went into the hospital in January and eversince she has been starting rumors that I am crazy and that my husband and I are cheating on eachother and now she is getting my husbands and my work involved. My husband filed a harassment report but that is it. And my husband is starting to wonder if I am telling the truth and I'm worried she will drive me right to where she wants me, any ideas?

05/08/2011 09:06 AM
uppitywoman
uppitywoman  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I am really so sorry all this is happening to you. She is both unstable and dangerous. If I were you, I would get a restraining order that prohibits her talking to anyone or getting on your facebook page. This is harassment to the extreme and I wonder what on earth set her off like this. She has serious issues that nothing can be done about, but if you get a restraining order she can be charged for violating it. That would send a strong message. I hope your husband will not believe any of the lies about you, that his faith in your fidelity would remain intact. This is a terrible thing for you. We are here to support you all we can, so keep posting and keep us informed.

05/08/2011 09:24 AM
redphoenix
redphoenix  
VIP Member

I'm with uppity. I would definitely get a restraining order and call the police any time there is something that makes you feel like you're in some sort of damage. I had to do this at one point with my ex-husband and it caused him to settle down a bit. In essence, do anything you can through the police, so if you ever wind up going to court you will have a paper trail. Keep a copy of any correspondence... emails, etc. I even went so far to record my phone calls. If the harassment is something you can call the police about, maybe keep a diary of all the events that happen. Just try and protect yourself as best you can. Good luck with everything.

05/08/2011 12:53 PM
manicmetoo
manicmetoo  

oh golly I am so sorry this is happening to you! It sounds like some kind of Lifetime movie.

I am with the rest with documenting and restraining. I try to do some relaxation things to keep it all in perspective, she is crazy not you hon.

05/08/2011 01:29 PM
Joy75
Joy75  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

This girl obviously has something wrong with her. I hope your husband doesn't start believing that this is true. This is unacceptable behavior and there has got to be something you can do. I like the restraining order. It's hard to get someone to not talk though. I would get with a therapist and work with them on this regarding your mental state. I know this is hard to do. Don't let her win. You are strong and you have been through so much and it's made you even stronger. This person needs to be in the hospital, not you. There has got to be something the police can do for someone stalking you. I'm sure she is jealous of you somehow or she wouldn't be doing this to you. I'm glad your husband filed a complaint. Let us know how it's going because we really care and want you mentally healthy. We will be here for you through this. Lean on us.

05/08/2011 02:11 PM
ApRiLGeTsAngry77

I agree with the others that you should seek the protection of a restraining order. It is very unfair for her to accuse you of false accusations. It is very important that you and your husband keep an open dialogue about what is going on. If she sees that she is not getting a reaction from you, then she may quit. Good luck through all this and take care. Keep us updated.

05/08/2011 11:38 PM
eclectic
eclectic  

I'd hit her in the head with a shoe. But since you are much more of a lady than I am I'd get a restraining order, and point out that this behavior isn't normal and maybe she's the one that needs help.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved