MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
04/17/2011 05:54 PM

Hurt Feelings

ApRiLGeTsAngry77

Now that I have had a chance to reflect on what Robert and I talked about- he has really hurt my feelings. He always used to tell me how stupid I was and how I had no common sense. Well I've spent the last 13 years trying to prove to him I'm not. He asked me if I called and told the guards that he had a cell phone. He actually thinks I am niave and dumb enough to think he is allowed to have a cell phone. I know its counterband. It just really hurts to know that someone I think so highly of thinks I'm that dumb. Sad

04/17/2011 06:05 PM
YorkieLove
YorkieLove  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

April, I don't understand your situation or where Robert is, but you are certainly not dumb. I'm sorry he hurt your feelings. Also, why are you hanging around this guy if he calls you stupid? If I were you, I'd show him how smart I was and never speak to him again. I'm sorry, I have no tolerance for abusiveness. Hugs.

04/17/2011 08:00 PM
Joy75
Joy75  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

That isn't right of him to think that way of you because you are a smart girl. I know this hurts your feelings. I know how it feels to love someone that hurts you. I've been hurt many times by one person yet I still keep going back. There's just something there that you can't break free from. I'm sorry that he said those horrible things to you. Know that you are a smart, beautiful, independent person. More than he deserves. Big hugs to you. We are right here beside you. Hang in there. Big hugs

04/18/2011 12:30 AM
youngfilly
youngfilly  
VIP Member

April, Last thing I would ever think about you is that your dumb, infact that thought has never crossed my mind. You are a smart girl, you have commonsense and morals.

Everytime I see you have posted, I am keen to read your opinion and learn from your knowledge.

If Rober really thinks that of you, then I would leave him where he is Wink. What is your relationship with this guy? If its ur B/F move on. You need someone who respects you. it's important for your daughter too

04/18/2011 05:56 AM
uppitywoman
uppitywoman  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

April, you are definitely NOT dumb. You are one smart gal. I am sorry he implied otherwise in his words to you. I have to agree with the others, I'm really questioning his involvement in your life if that is how he sees you. You deserve better. Just my opinion and you can dismiss it, but think about it. It's not right for you to be hurt like this.

04/18/2011 06:11 AM
Dit
Dit  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

April, i am so sorry Robert has hurt you, you may need to question him on this one in order for you to move on, and then really ponder why you are still involved with this man. I am like another poster thats stated here always look forward to reading your posts b/c i always learn from them and find them full of love and wisdom, you are far from dumb thats for sure. You have no more need to try to prove otherwise.

04/18/2011 10:48 AM
tinlizzy

April,

My ex once beat me to a pulp because I used the word "berate" and he thought I was trying to show him how much smarter I was. I have been divorced from him for 15 yrs and he was right, I was smarter. I got out of the relationship, went to college and my self esteem skyrocketed. I realized I had intelligence, and a determination to make my life the best it could be.

I have never regreted the decision to divorce him. I freed myself. I hope you too can eventually do the same.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved