MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
07/22/2011 07:03 AM

Bipolar Hypersexuality(page 8)

nkm1357

There are some friends I talk to. But it helps to hear here of people struggling with the same issue because I feel it is more difficult for me than for some of my friends who are celibate and happy with it, without so much struggle as far as I can tell.

07/22/2011 10:15 AM
cptblack
cptblack  
VIP Member

I have been on meds that have kept my Bipolar mostly stable the last four years. But there are times (like now) that I just get so hyper-sexual it drives me nuts. When I was married it wasn't so bad. Heck my wife loved it!

But living single it can make for bad decissions. And I hate 'meaningless sex for sexes sake' flings. I almost have to feel like I'm sharing and not just taking.

07/23/2011 10:18 PM
sunshinethewerewolf
sunshinethewerewolf  

awsome article ill have to check out some of those links.

08/27/2011 09:37 AM
Bangbang
Bangbang  
Group Leader

I am 60 now and my meds seem to keep me from being in hyper sex mode. It is a great relief. It used to rule my life.

09/19/2011 03:23 PM
Inquisition

Although I knew about this symptom, I think that it is good that this thread is here.

For me now, It is mostly the crude things I think about women that disturb me. I feel so terrible, and often have the "what is wrong with me?" periods. Also, my very worst episode resulted in a DUI because I got pulled over on my way to a "massage parlor". I knew it was wrong, and that I shouldn't do it, but it was like I wasn't the one making the decisions. The impulsive behavior associated with this pretty nearly ruined my life.

At the time, I was only being treated for major depression (the pdoc said that I masked my mania so well, she changed my diagnosis without telling me). When I am un-medicated, It comes back in some form or another. By far one of the worst symptoms of mania.

09/27/2011 07:27 PM
KaosKatt
KaosKatt  

Huh

Hyper-sexuality fits me like a glove

huh

Though, I only have sex with whomever I'm dating

09/27/2011 07:48 PM
cptblack
cptblack  
VIP Member

I'm sure it's been mentioned but there is a group dealing with this.

http://www.mdjunction.com/bipolars-dealing-with- hypersexuality

Post edited by: cptblack, at: 09/27/2011 07:48 PM

10/15/2011 08:09 PM
Silvaria
SilvariaPosts: 39

This is a late reply, but, excellent information in the OP. Thank you.

10/16/2011 11:28 AM
Bangbang
Bangbang  
Group Leader

I knew it was wrong, and that I shouldn't do it, but it was like I wasn't the one making the decisions. The impulsive behavior associated with this pretty nearly ruined my life.

Yep...that was me...I would troll for hours in bars looking for action...I would walk up to women and just say" want to F***". I was surprised how many said yes.

10/16/2011 12:00 PM
MsUndrstood6
MsUndrstood6  

At times I love it and at times hate it. It's ruined a relationship or two but then again they were already in trouble (domestic violence/him cheating/etc) and I would say F*** it and give in to someone who had been showing me some extra attention at wrk or whatever the case maybe but I did know the person. Not sure if it was the H-S or just being impulsive in general. But it's never been to the point where I'm trolling thank God. But now that I'm single after 11 yrs. H-S fits and makes dating very interesting! Lol

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 8 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved