MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/21/2011 04:43 PM

long stretch of bad luck, curse , I dont get it???

kraftstone
kraftstonePosts: 122

Was excited about a week long trip planned. All packed and ready to go and a sickening realization as I was packing the Van that the key for our destination point was missing. after hours of searching my family decided to go run a few errands to take a break from tearing the house apart looking for the key. We drove to a nearby mall for lunch and stayed a bit. After a few hours we returned to where the van should have been parked then realized it had beem towed fifteen minutes earlier as there was no parking from 3-6 pm A numb feeling came over me and my girlfriend blurted that she cant take this anymore. we stood there with the kids in the rain for a moment then left. a week earlier someone vandalized our vehicles cause I didnt lock the car door. Im fed up! Just started taking meds for BP and I feel like I am ruining my girlfriends life. We love each other so much, Just feal like my misfortune is drowning me....

03/21/2011 06:02 PM
TeriNY

That sounds like one bad day! I'm sorry all that snowballed for you today and I can't believe your car got towed!!! But try to keep in mind, it's not your fault over your girlfriends fault.. did you know there was no parking from 3 -6? did she know? Try to keep your chin up and know that tomorrow is another day. Did you ever find the key to the rental house?

03/21/2011 06:33 PM
capecod84
capecod84  

I wish I new how to help you all I can say is talk with your girlfriend about these things. Let her know how you are feeling and that you are really trying hard to focus on positive thoughts, her and your relationship. Tell her you are working hard to control your symptoms through treatment.

03/21/2011 07:47 PM
Joy75
Joy75  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

You had an awful day! That really sucks and I'm so sorry about that. It's not your fault though that all of this happened today. You were just trying to get ready to go. Everything was just bad luck. It's got nothing to do with you. You aren't ruining your girlfriend's life. I'm sure she got frustrated, but she loves you. You just started taking bipolar medications. They take time to get in your system. Give them time to work. You won't be so all over the place anymore if you feel like you are. These things happen all the time. I'm sorry your vehicle got vandalized too. It's just not a good week for you. It will get better though for you. Hang in there. We are here for you through this and know that you aren't alone.

03/21/2011 08:06 PM
sarahtroy
sarahtroy  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Like Teri said, things like this just "snowball" sometimes. While we want to assign them meaning, they are simply random events or mistakes that happen in everybody's lives. Try not to be so hard on yourself.

03/25/2011 10:32 PM
kraftstone
kraftstonePosts: 122

Some times gone by, thanks for your replies Ive mellowed out, I think the meds are helping tc

03/25/2011 10:40 PM
Joy75
Joy75  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

I'm glad to hear you have mellowed out and the medications are helping out. This is good news to hear!

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved