MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
12/01/2008 03:53 PM

I can't deal with work anymore

p8ntballgrl
p8ntballgrl  

Ok so I've been working since June and it's like all of a sudden I woke up one morning and the paranoid thoughts started all over again...."no one likes me" they are out to get me and all that.

I actually thought about asking for a lay off.

I really don't know what to do. The job is great and the people are great it's just once I get there I start feeling closed in and all I can think about is getting out of there. My anxiety attacks

are getting more frequent and it's all I can do to just not break down and cry while I'm there.

Is there a way I can quit and still draw unemployement?

Should I talk to my p-doc about this and see what he has to say or should I just feel like I'm being tortured and stay there and "suck it up" like everyone wants me to do.

12/01/2008 03:55 PM
justrembering
pirateprincess421  
VIP Member

I would talk to Pdoc. He/she may be able to give you something for the anxiety that will not make you sleepy or impede your work. It sounds like you may just need a med change.

12/01/2008 04:02 PM
xMandiex

Pdoc.

Call now, if you can, ask for an emergency appointment. Your mind is disabling you and that's serious. If you know logically it's a good job, and you've liked it, then clearly your balance is shot and you need to get that fixed immediately before it becomes more than a worry.

I don't think you should "suck it up" - thoughts like this, for people with biochemical imbalances, can be crippling!

12/01/2008 04:21 PM
kimminentdanger
kimminentdanger  
VIP Member

I'm not sure if your state has this, but in Rhode Island, we have something called TDI (temporary disability insurance) and it's purpose is to allow people who are temporarily disabled (like you are right now) to collect their check for about a 12 week period. You should ask around and see if that's something YOUR state offers... I know 12 weeks isn't much time, but it's better than nothing, right?? Hang in there toots. Believe me, I know what you're going through - NO WORD OF A LIE; I've had 43 jobs in 15 years because of the exact scenario you're describing.

Also, if you feel comfortable doing this, maybe you could tal to your employer and let them know what's going on (some people CAN be understanding about these things..) and see if there's some kind of plan offered by the company.. (kind of like maternity lave, only it's "nutbag" leave...Wink ) Couldn't hurt to do a little research... Why suffer through it and grind it out at work feeling uncomfortable & edgy & risking a trigger if there's some kind of way for you to get a check and NOT go for a while... It would give you the opportunity to work on what's going on and get your stability back before you throw yourself into your work again.

12/01/2008 04:22 PM
kimminentdanger
kimminentdanger  
VIP Member

Oh - one more thing:

"suck it up" is a phrase that only people who are ignorant to the situation use....

Screw them. Wink

12/01/2008 04:25 PM
justrembering
pirateprincess421  
VIP Member

Here in IL it's called FMLA. Family medical leave. Unfortuneatly I know from experience that most companies will not give you this unless you've been employed with them for a year. BUt Kimmie is right, check with your employer.

12/01/2008 05:02 PM
norma
normaPosts: 10109
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Pball...if you quit you probably are not going to be able to get unemployment unless you quit for a job related reason. As the others suggested why not see your doctor and find a way to stay in the job. Sounds like you like the job and the people...next job you have you may not like as much.

Hugs...sorry, you are going through this....

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved