MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
03/04/2011 03:52 PM

Almost sent to hospital :(

TeriNY

Today I had a therapy appointment and have been struggling with my depression/mania and been rapid cycling for about 4 weeks now. Last week I went to the therapist hypomanic so they increased my abilify to 20 mg, I took that for 3 days and it made me feel like a zombi so I went back to my 10 mg dose. Then I went into a HUGE depression.. my husband is extreamly unsupportive and I think we are headed for a separation but anyway, I got into the therapy office today and started crying uncontrollably and they wanted to send me to the hospital. I finally, after a 1/2 hour of convincing them that I wasn't suicidal (my kids will always come first) they agreed to let me go home. They are going to increase my Abilify to 15 mg, take me off the Sam-E and put me on Lithium next week. I'm so thankful they didn't hospitalize me, I have so much going on, I just don't have time to go in to take care of myself. I feel so fortunate to have this board and friends that I can talk to here.

03/04/2011 04:37 PM
youngfilly
youngfilly  
VIP Member

You need to take care of yourself so you can give your family the best version of you!!! Even though you may feel guilty about doing it...

03/04/2011 05:37 PM
Dit
Dit  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

I am so sorry you are going thru so much and with an unsupportive husband, i could not even imagine that happening without being in the psych.ward, my husband is my Rock, my Lifeline, now that doesn't say that we have not had our problems, we've had 3 bouts of marriage couselling which brought us back together in many ways. You are very strong and if you need to go in you just may have to, having med tweaking is rough, i'm going thru that now, but don't fight the hospital its a place to rest and get better. You sound like you are a very proud women, i'm sending you just a little humility and let others help you, open your arms embrace the love we here and your loved ones can give you, wishing you all the best, keep posting we are here for you.

Post edited by: Dit, at: 03/04/2011 06:04 PM

03/04/2011 05:42 PM
TeriNY

What makes it hard for me to go to the hospital right now is that I have 4 doc appointments in 3 days next week - tdoc appointments for my girls and then Im going out of town for work the next week. Would just screw everything up. I do appreciate the response though... and maybe when I get back I'll feel better after switching to the lithium. I sure hope so..

03/04/2011 06:15 PM
uppitywoman
uppitywoman  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Teri, I hope 15 mg of Abilify strikes the balance for you, stopping the hypomania without the depression. You need a break. I am sorry you feel so low and came so close to the hospital, but remember that you have to take care of yourself. I am really sorry about how things are going with your husband. That's not helping. I am glad you are here with us. We care and you can always share what's going on with you.

03/04/2011 06:27 PM
uppitywoman
uppitywoman  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Teri, I hope the 15 mg of Abilify works to balance to stop the hypomania without the depression, and that the other med changes will make a real difference. You do need to do whatever it takes to take care of you. I am sorry you feel so low and I am sorry for how unsupportive your husband is. That isn't helping at all. I am glad you are here posting. We care and are always here for you.

03/04/2011 06:51 PM
TeriNY

Thanks uppity and dit... I told my husband that they were going to hospitalize me and he just looked at me like i had 3 heads...didn't even say "are you ok" or anything Sad

03/04/2011 08:04 PM
ere2728
ere2728  

Hang in there. I just got out of the hospital a couple days ago myself my boyfriend left me so I have been extremely depressed myself. I know how you feel just hang on your family needs you. I'm sorry your husband is not suportive but think of your kids and how much they love and need you. I think of my Mom thats what gets me through. take care if you feel you need to go to the Hospital then go there is nothing wrong in asking for help we all need help sometimes. Take care of yourself. God Bless

03/04/2011 10:20 PM
Joy75
Joy75  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

I hope the extra Abilify and the Lithium helps you with your mood. I'm sorry you almost got sent to the hospital. That's scary for you. I know it's hard, but you have to take care of yourself. Make sure you get proper sleep and that you are doing everything you can to make yourself healthy. We want to see you happy again. I'm sorry for your husband. He doesn't sound like a very nice man. Things will hopefully look up for you with the new medications. I hope you feel better soon!

03/04/2011 11:38 PM
Zin

I understand about not wanting to go to the hospital. I was always terrified of going. I need to get to my psych...had an appointment for this coming Tuesday, but had to postpone it. I didn't have enough money for me to go and my girls to go to their first visits with their psych. I guess it's pretty easy to guess who gets the first consideration...lol.

Just remember, though. If Mommy can't hold on...if Mommy needs help and doesn't get it and gets worse...it's not worth what it will do to your kids.

Just hang in there, and I'm so sorry about your husband. I am very lucky with mine. He's had his own dealings with depression and panic attacks, so, although he doesn't really understand the bipolar, he can deal with my mood swings and manic episodes better than anyone else. You are a very, very strong woman! I don't think I could have made it this far without my husband.

Remember, we're here whenever you need us!!

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved