MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/26/2011 02:34 PM

checking in-crashed

mimmy
mimmy  

hi guys. well I'm finally able to check in. It's been a rough few days without you guys, but I got my internet in order. I talked and talked to the cable company until I got to someone who would work with me. After I got someone who would listen to my issues, I got my connection back at a lower speed for 12 a month instead of 50 for the next six months. Hubby said we could live with that. So I get to stay for a while longer.

meanwhile, I had a little scare today. I was shopping for some lesson materials and I almost passed out in the store. My blood sugar crashed(the abilify causes that to the best of the doc's knowledge). I had just eaten Ice cream. I guess I had too much. The clerk gave me peanut butter(protein) and I was alright after a few minutes. One of the customers was a nurse and knew what to do. One of the workers wanted to give me even more sugar, which, in MY case was the wrong thing to do. Even I didn't know that.

emotionally, I'm doing a little better. I get aggitated easily, but I'm not bouncing off the walls. Plans for the RV park still flash in my head a few times a day, but I don't pay attention much anymore.

02/26/2011 02:44 PM
WastedSpace

I'm glad that there were individuals around to know what to do to help you.

Internet providers can be such a pain. We just recently switched providers and had a bit of a nightmare. We're at a slower speed too but at least it's a bit cheaper and we can still connect. Even got rid of cable T.V. Kids really haven't mentioned anything about that though.

Again, glad that your up and running and that your feeling better.

02/26/2011 03:01 PM
amandafeher25
amandafeher25  
I'm an Advocate

Thank goodness there was a nurse around that knew what to do! God knows what would have happened if you'd have eaten MORE sugar! Ouch! Glad you've got internet again and things seem are slowly getting back to normal!

Good to hear from you!

Hugs

Amanda

02/26/2011 09:31 PM
Joy75
Joy75  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Yay, I'm glad you got to keep internet at your house for awhile. That's a lot cheaper than $50.00. How scary about your blood sugar. At least there was someone there that knew what to do. Sounds like things are going okay. Hang in there.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved