MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/28/2011 03:55 PM

upset(page 3)

YorkieLove
YorkieLove  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I'm sorry Honey. Hearing voices must be scarey.

03/07/2011 04:18 PM
kayres
kayres  

Yeah it is plus it bothering. Thinking someone is talking to you and nothing. I well wake up in the middle of the night thinking the tv is on. Come out to check and nothing.

03/07/2011 08:41 PM
Zin

Oh, Darlin! I know what you mean! Waking up or sitting in the house and hearing something. Knowing someone is talking in the house or the TV is on or even that the kids are home and it's not even 12 noon! It drives me crazy! Plus...I don't know if you have this problem or not, but I see things at night. I know everybody sees shadows moving and everything. That's normal. The eyes 'play tricks' with the imagination. But this... It's different. I've been trying to get that across to my psych, but I don't think he's quite getting it. I wake up in the middle of the night...awake! And I look over and could swear I see a bear! Not the bit of looking, starting to look away, then spinning back and finding nothing. I look up! I see it! I stare at it! I know there can't possibly be a bear in the house...it's ridiculous. But it's standing right there! Scares the crap out of me until it' s like my mind forces my eyes to recognize the objects in the room.

I usually sleep with my headphones on. Well they broke and I was using a pair of ear buds. (I have a problem with hearing the dog barking and so forth...love it, but can't handle it.) Usually in the middle of the night, I've moved around enough that the ear buds or headphones have come out/off. When I wake up sometime in the night, I take them off, turn off my MP3 player and put everything up before going back to sleep.

This last time I used the ear buds... I pulled everything off and did like always, put it away. I looked down because I dropped the player, itself on the floor. I leaned over and picked it up and when I raised back up, I saw the ear buds rearing up like snakes! You wanna talk about a shock?! I screamed a little bit, but my husband has really bad hearing (to the point he needs hearing aids, but we just can't afford them right now)so he didn't hear me. I had to stare at them for what felt like forever before the stopped weaving and slowly settled back into the box/dropped.

Fortunately, I haven't had that happen in a few weeks! But, I still have to tell the psych when I go to see him.

BUT...it's not impossible to get through it! I know you can get through it! So can I! It's annoying as heck and sometimes pretty doggone scary! But I've managed nearly 8 months of it. I don't hear the voices actually speaking where I can understand them, but I hear that all the time. It's to the point my girls will come in and tell me if they're leaving their music on in their room so I don't think I'm hearing something.

Just get to a good psych (I know good ones are hard to find! Took me 5 psychs) and just hang in there! We're all here for you! And this is an awesome group!!!

So, hang on!

It's gonna get better!

Luv ya, girl!

Zin

03/08/2011 03:21 AM
kayres
kayres  

I hear foot steps birds chirpping my own voices fighting with myself. And other couple of things. Sometimes when i laydown in bed i have a shadow on top of me. It get's tiring. My old pdoc just didn't want to hear about what was going on and then he thinks i am out to get meds. Yeah right. I just want the voices and seeing things to go away. The one time i was making my son's bed and there was a boy sitting on the edge of the bed i looked and then i looked away and it was gone freaked me out.

03/09/2011 04:11 AM
Zin

If your doc is acting like that, maybe you should look for another. You want a psych who's gonna listen to you! Not brush off what you're saying! There are meds out there that can help that! I'm gonna ask my psych about that when I see him, myself. Also, making a journal about the voices and the things you see...when it was seen, when you heard it, how long it lasted, details about what you saw or heard. It will all help a psych figure out the best thing to do to help you!

Kk...you hang in there. If you want to pm me, I'd be happy to chat!

Hugs!!

Zin

03/09/2011 02:28 PM
kayres
kayres  

I go tomarrow. I also told my mom the truth. I tred to over dose last night I took 10 valum. Let alone i have the flu so i am really not up for anything. I do go tomarrow and see a counsler. Which i am happy i finally get what is on my chest off. U can only deal with so much and be tired. I was feeling like i was going to have a mental break down. My mom said my sister won't talk to me until i see a counsler. I feel weather or not she should talk to me. So i told my mom not to tell anyone. I also told my mom i am tired of being 2 people. I am not going to be hiding the way i feel anymore. Or they can't except me now they well never well. I am not going to put 2 faces on for any one anymore. Well i put my foot down and i am going to keep it that way. I need help for me not for anyone else. And my hubbey still want's to go to counsling with me so i am going to make that happen. That is why i trryed to commit suicide 6 times. I am tired of not feeling good. I had to fined another one because the one i had really wasn't helping me. He just wanted the money. So i haven't had any anti psycotic meds for 2 weeks and i feel like i am going nut's. And why when you tell some one your bipolar they no longer want to talk to. I have told 5 people and they haven't talked to me since. It hurt's because i don't want to hide anything because i feel if they can't except that they can't except me

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 3 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved