MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
02/11/2011 12:58 AM

Bi Polar

Terry734

Hello, Im Terry and new to the site! I've suffered from Bi Polar for quite some time now...but lately there has been a new twist...I now suffer from LUPUS and this has caused a double dose of Depression....just wanting advice from the group on Coping with either or both?!?!?!?!?!?!?Angry Sad Angry Wink

02/11/2011 04:08 AM
ASO1979able
ASO1979able  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

Hi, Terry! Welcome to the group, I'm Amanda. I am sorry that you are now faced with a diagnosis of Lupus as well, that has to be very frustrating.The only advice I can offer is on Depression, I struggle with it often. I try to stick to my routine, even when I a depressed. I make myself get up, take a shower and I write down small tasks that I want to accomplish for the day. I usually include taking a shower and taking my meds on my to do list for the day and then I include one household chore as well as getting out of the house to take a walk or run an errand. This keeps me out of the bed and away from having a pity party for myself. I am usually able to acomplish these things and check them off as I go, it makes me feel better to know that I have at least done something that day. I hope this helps, hang in there.

02/11/2011 07:33 PM
Joy75
Joy75  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Hi there. I'm not familiar with Lupus, but I'm very sorry it's been added onto your diagnosis of bipolar. I've heard the term, maybe you can tell me about it. I'm very sorry that you have had this added to your diagnosis. Bipolar is hard enough to deal with let alone one more thing. Double the depression is not a good thing. I hope your psychiatrist has given you something for this depression that you have and it's working. If not, I would definitely call him and let him know so he can work on something that will help take it away. You shouldn't have to suffer while being medicated. I'm really glad you decided to join the group. You will like it here I think. There is a lot of support given and we all care for each other. We are here for you and will help you in any way that we can. Welcome to the group!!

02/11/2011 07:57 PM
Dit
Dit  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Hello Terry and welcome. Sorry to hear about you having Lupus on top of having bipolar i sure hope you can get your lupus under control. Living with bipolar has been challenging but over all i must say my meds and having a good support system has kept my bipolar in check, but as of lately i'm struggling due to med changes. This support group is fantastic, i come here daily and no longer feel alone, i've made some very loving friends here and communicate with some daily. Feel free to post wherever you want, you can pm me or any group leader, take care.

02/12/2011 07:57 AM
IDoNotKnow
IDoNotKnow  
VIP Member

Hello Terri!!!

I also have autoimmune disease. It really messes with my moods. If you want to send me a message I would love to talk with you. Are you on medications for Bipolar and/or Lupus? I have found it very difficult to treat my moods. I have been either flying high or filled with anxiety for quite some time now. You are the first person that I have ever met with bipolar symptoms and Lupus! I find it very difficult to find a doctor for either condition. I am taking "bipolar" medications and Plaquinel for the autoimmune disease. They think it is Lupus but they aren't 100% sure yet. They know I have autoimmune disease though. Wow I am shaking because we really have a lot in common I think. Please let me know if you would like to talk. Thank you.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved