MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/29/2011 03:22 PM

Concentrating in a large group

capecod84
capecod84  

I am in a big training class right now. I am pretty smart. But I don't learn things like I did before I was on the meds and my bipolar was full blown. I am extremely stable now. I was sitting in a class on Wed, we went through eight modules and were given quizzes at the end of each one. An 80 average at the end of 8 wks is requires. I scored no higher than 65. The tests are going in our hr file. I had no time to study and had no hand book. People were telling me not to worry about it but I asked for extra help from for managers and it wasn't provided. How do you go about getting the help without disclosing your condition and asking for accomodations. Do you have any tips on how to learn quickly? I am having no problems getting along with anyone.

01/30/2011 05:44 AM
ApRiLGeTsAngry77

You don't have to disclose your condition in order to have accomidations. Things that helped me when I was in college was to sit close to the instructor, use different colored highligthers. Maybe you could ask for a study guide that goes over each module. 8 modules is a lot of information and it would be difficult for anyone to get a good score on a quiz let alone someone that has trouble concentrating!

01/30/2011 06:03 AM
RickEJ
RickEJ  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I think asking or a study guide is a great idea. I have a learning disability on top of BPII treatment resistant depression and GAD. I want to go back to school and I think I would ask for study guides. I'm sure they have them too, or can tell you where to get them.

I commend you for doing what your doing, it would be as easy for me.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved