MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/24/2011 05:18 PM

Does anyone hate their job?

Marcyjune
Marcyjune  

I get sick and nervous about going to work. I'm an art teacher and can't stand my boss and some of the other teachers. I think they are bullies. Sometimes they act worse than the kids!they are so negative and I feel like I did in middle school...you know when you're trying to avoid certain people because you are afraid to talk to them. My boss is so passive aggressive (sometimes not so passive) I've been there 8 years and want to move on but can't because there are no jobs. Of course being bipolar makes it harder to cope with, I think my boss is too but doesn't know it.Yikes!Sad http://res.mdjunction.com/components/com_joomlaboard/ emoticons/sad.png

01/25/2011 05:51 AM
proudmami01
proudmami01  

I totally hate my job. I'm not a teacher or anything... I'm just a cashier for the what I consider to be the crappiest company ever.

I won't even get into the coworker thing. Managers are even worse. The way the company does stuff disgusts me.

BUT I need a job. And I'm not going to find any other job with the flexible hours I have now, where I can take a leave of absence on a moment's notice if it is necessary. Plus, I've been there long enough that I have my FMLA for days I need to use it. If I started a new job, I'd have to work there at least a year before I would be eligible for FMLA again. And for being a cashier, I make good money. Not many cashiers can say they make over $10/hour. So..... for now, I just deal with it.

Eventually, I plan to go back to school and actually DO something with my life, although, there are so many things I'd like to do - I have no idea what I actually want to do.

01/25/2011 07:50 AM
Joy75
Joy75  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

This is awful that you hate your job this much. I wish you could find a new one. I can't believe they bully you around. They are adults, how immature of them to act this way! Having bipolar makes so many things harder for us. Just know that this makes you a stronger person. You are the better person. You are the mature one that doesn't partake in the drama. You are doing good. Just try to ignore them and do your own thing. I'm very sorry that you have to endure this everyday. I hope it gets better soon!

01/25/2011 08:05 AM
notreally
notreally  

Yes. Absolutely

01/25/2011 08:17 AM
jeffreyw
jeffreyw  

I don't have a job to hate Sad

01/25/2011 09:18 AM
mandirachelle
mandirachelle  

i HATE my job and its sad because i used to love it. i just cant handle it right now and im on short term disability through my company and fmla so i guess im luck to have those options. i manage a financial office and a 40 million dollar portfolio and the stress is too much now. i may never go back.

good luck with all you do, im considering a complete career change maybe it will help relieve some stress.

01/25/2011 09:45 AM
mem4809

I like my work but hate it when I am unstable or depressed. It is so hard to hold it together then.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved