MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/14/2011 04:45 PM

So, yeah, um I don't know what

phoenix2011
phoenix2011  

group I belong in...anger management or bipolar? or both! I have totally exploded and brought my wrath down upon my parents about 30 min. ago. I was in a rage and I seriously think I got Goldfish (snax) all over their kitchen. Now I'm chillin' watchin tv with my little girl. WTF??? I am thinkin...I'm havin' mood swings, irritability, racing thoughts, blahblahblah. I kno the drill...been doing this 1/2 my friggin life now. but when i get angry, it's like each outburst is just worst....idk. anyone out there relate?Dizzy

01/14/2011 04:59 PM
HelpEr82
HelpEr82  

yes i can relate. im sorry thats happening to you.

01/14/2011 05:03 PM
phoenix2011
phoenix2011  

Thx.

01/14/2011 05:05 PM
bpjourney
bpjourney  

Just had a long talk with my therapist about my rage issues today. Sad When it happens, it comes on fast & furious, but like you said, I could be chillin' with my kids or just going about my business right after it's over.

The only times that it's tough to get past is if those around me don't give me that "instant" forgiveness and just move on from it. (not really just that forgiveness, just basically let it go or leave me alone) That doesn't mean the same level of rage continues, but it just takes longer then for me to get to that "calmness".

Doesn't happen anywhere near as much as it used to, but when it does, I really wouldn't want to be in the same room with me, or in close range of flying objects. Sad

Post edited by: bpjourney, at: 01/14/2011 05:19 PM

01/14/2011 07:58 PM
Joy75
Joy75  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Medications help. I was like that before I got on them. I'm sorry that you are suffering like this. I hope you find a solution to this soon.

01/14/2011 08:39 PM
phoenix2011
phoenix2011  

bpjourney: This is me...like this evening, my little girl and I have been hanging out alone...dad is shut up in his room and even my mom, who is usually so understanding and protective of me is nowhere to be found...I feel alone and I hate depending on that "instant forgiveness" or understanding or constant support...I know it's hard as hell on them (guess i don't know how bad it is for them and they don't know how bad it is for me) but i feel shut out and ignored right now...I'm 30 yrs. old and I feel like I'm reacting like a 6 year old...but yeah, your reply was exactly how I feel, so thanks for that...Makes me feel not so alone after all. Btw....I see ppl have medications listed after their posts...how do I add mine? Thanks for anyone who answers.

01/14/2011 10:01 PM
Mel1974

Hey guys I feel exactly the same....I am relieved that other people feel this way and I am not nearly as alone in my thoughts as I thought I was. BP it is in My profile (settings) top left...the blurb or the "a little about me".

01/14/2011 10:06 PM
bluecoop05
bluecoop05  

Yea i get this way. unfortunatly i dont have many people to lash out at so i go looking for things to take my anger out on. sometimes i wake up and feel like a lil badass who wants to punch everyone lol.

01/14/2011 10:10 PM
Joy75
Joy75  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

Go to settings and click on signature. Put what you want in the space provided under that tab and save.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved