MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/12/2011 09:32 PM

Anxiety attack in shower

mariel24h
mariel24hPosts: 1181

I have been having very strong OCD symptoms lately...too much. I clean A LOT. I check the doors way too much. I can't talk myself out of it. I think it could have to do with the fact that they increase my prozac form 10 to 20mgs recently. I just feel like I can't focus, I am tight, I want to clean everything, I am not depressed but I do not feel real good either. In the shower I could feel my heart pounding......

I am going to see the pdoc tomorrow and tell her everything and see what she will do......

01/12/2011 09:51 PM
nembery
nembery  

prozac could be your culprit. i've heard many many times that prozac can drive a bipolar person nuts. i used to take it and it turned me into a zombie. hopefully your pdoc will get you all fixed up. those urges are tough to deal with to say the least. i'm guilty of the locking and unlocking of doors when i'm manic, drives my husband nuts because sometimes i'm too scared to get out of bed to do it myself lol hope they get ya fixed up tomorrow so you can stop fighting with that little voice

01/13/2011 07:56 AM
Joy75
Joy75  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

It's good that you are seeing your psychiatrist. This isn't good and it's a very uncomfortable feeling. Especially in the shower. The Prozac could be the reason why too. Your house must be very clean with your OCD. It's good that you aren't depressed though, but I don't want you to suffer through these panic attacks. I hope you can resolve this with your psychiatrist. Good luck at your appointment. Let us know what comes of it.

01/13/2011 08:57 AM
ApRiLGeTsAngry77

I am glad you are seeing your pdoc tomorrow. But just remember that when you are having a panic attack that you will not die from it and you will get through it. I know it is hard to think those things when you are in a panic attack but remember it will not last forever. GOod luck tomorrow.

01/13/2011 10:30 AM
mariel24h

Thanks guys!!! I am going to see my pdoc now...

Also a friend of mine suggested I buy these relaxation CD's by "Andrew Weil" called "The Art of self healing". She said they help her with breathing. Breathing sounds good. She prdered them on AMAZON so I am going to check it out.

01/13/2011 02:03 PM
ApRiLGeTsAngry77

I think that is an excellent idea. I have relaxation sounds on my phone that I sometimes listen to when I get anxious. It really helps to calm me down. I hope your pdoc appointment goes well.

01/13/2011 09:20 PM
mariel24h

I have heard that they treat OCD with anti-depressants like prozac...BUT when you are BIPOLAR it is a different story as I am learning.........

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved