MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
01/12/2011 05:12 PM

Do you have a success story with your meds

cuckoo
cuckooPosts: 108

I keep trying new meds and I keep failing.. I am tired of being a guinea pig! NOTHING WORKS ON ME . I FEEL LIKE I AM AN ALIEN AND THERE IS NO MEDICATION OUT THERE THAT CAN CURE ME !!! All I do is to try something ineffective and put on weight. Please tell me if you have any success stories . I need to hear a “I took a pill and it changed my life” story . Could you please share yours..

01/12/2011 05:28 PM
YorkieLove
YorkieLove  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

My meds work for me. I am finally stable. I think lithium has probably saved my life.

01/12/2011 05:32 PM
brneyegirl

I am doing well taking my wellbutrin and Geodon. I still cycle a little bit but nothing as severe as I used to and most importaantly I feel so much better than I really have ever felt as long as I can remember.

01/12/2011 06:14 PM
mem7478

IT TOOK AWHILE TO FIND THE RIGHT MIX-BUT I AM MUCH MORE STABLE AND CAN SLEEP AT NIGHT AND FUNCTION PRETTY WELL AT WORK NOW. WITH LAMICTAL,SEROQUEL,PAXIL

01/12/2011 06:31 PM
uppitywoman
uppitywoman  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I am really sorry you are feeling so frustrated at this point. It took five years to find the right combination and dosages to get me stable, so I understand how you feel with the medicine merry go round. The meds I take are listed in my signature and they work very well for me. I hope you will keep trying until you, too, find that right cocktail that will work for you.

01/12/2011 06:32 PM
pirateprincess421
pirateprincess421  
VIP Member

I have a good combo too. Too a few try's but it works wonders. I can sleep at night, I don't have panic attacks as frequently, and I feel less depressed. I just started the lexapro for aniexty and that seems to help. I also had ECT treatments in Jan 08. That helped me a lot. M

01/12/2011 06:42 PM
Joy75
Joy75  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

I am stable. My medications are below. You can and will get there. There are so many medications out there that there has got to be something that will work for you in combination with others. Don't you ever give up. I know you are frustrated, I would be too. Sometimes it just takes awhile to find the right mix. Hang in there!

01/12/2011 07:02 PM
JennyT

I know that this is a bleak statement, but it took me 9 years to get on the proper medications. I've now been on the lithium since 2008, and it saved my life. I function higher and with more satisfaction than I ever imagined before then. Just keep trying- it'll be worth it.

01/12/2011 07:03 PM
Dit
Dit  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

I've been very fortunate been taking the same meds for a very long time now, these are the first meds given to me and i'm still on the same ones...i've been lucky.

01/12/2011 07:08 PM
fragilexbroken
fragilexbroken  

It happens, but it can take what seems like way too long. I've been playing "the medication game" for eight years now and it's only been in the last 6 or so months that I've settled into what passes for normalcy. I think I've had periods of okay within that time, but it always seemed fleeting.

Share this discussion with your friends:
<< Start < Prev 1 Next > End >>

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved