MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
12/19/2010 09:10 PM

Diary

womanC
womanC  

I find keeping the diary very important to me. At this time i am unable to go to a doctor and writing helps me put into words (if I can) what my feelings are and voice what is going on inside my head. Writing has always been important but having this site, makes me more accountable, if that makes any sense. I am more inclined to write here on the forum then if i did this alone on paper.

Maybe it's because i know there is someone out there that will understand the pain or the position i am coming from. That makes so much of a difference to me. In my real world there is no one that understands the feelings that i have. They can only see things from there point of view and I can't blame them for that. they also do not allow for the bipolar. Bipolar to them is just a term that maybe I'm making up! lol

So...it is nice to have the use of the diary and the forum to make me feel 'at home'.

12/19/2010 09:30 PM
DinoDarius
DinoDarius  

I agree. I think I'm going to start writing in my diary more often! It really helps me spill out what I'm thinking. Or not just that write something that I'm going through and like you said maybe someone could relate to it also. I just got into the diary thing because some people said they liked my writing and I should continue to do so.

I hope you have fun writing in your diary as much as I do! Smile

Post edited by: DinoDarius, at: 12/19/2010 09:30 PM

12/20/2010 03:15 AM
mem4809

I too write in the diary online but do not have a paper one. I don't know anyone else that suffers BP like I do in my friendship circle so it is nice to have others identify with what I am going through and most of all people here are not judgemental.

Janna

12/20/2010 04:10 AM
4gotten

It's a helpful charting apparatus. Mine is all over the place and I expected nothing less, but was hoping for something more being I'm all medicated and what have you. I had started a diary in my wordpad but I started to let it dwindle then I started a video diary and that was just way too emotional, then I found this place and since there is more to do and read I think it makes it easier to come and write.

12/20/2010 04:22 AM
ASO1979able
ASO1979able  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I write in my diary every day, it helps me keep track of where I am each day so I can talk to my pdoc and therapist about what is bothering ma and how I'm doing

12/20/2010 09:46 AM
Joy75
Joy75  
Group Leader
I'm an Advocate

I try to read all of my friends diaries and comment everyday or other day. I find that you learn more about the person when you do this. Writing here online gives you feedback from people that relate and can give you suggestions on what you can do. It's very valuable in my opinion. I write when I have something worth writing about and I value everyone's comments in them. It's nice to have people reading what I have to say rather than just writing to myself.

12/20/2010 09:50 AM
TeriNY

I keep a diary about myself and my kids mental illness on my blog.. it helps me keep track of everything. Once I feel more comfortable here maybe I'll post some of my blogger posts here in my diary so you all can get to know me better.

12/20/2010 09:53 AM
ApRiLGeTsAngry77

Joy you are doing a wonderful job at commenting on other people's diary entries. It makes me feel good when I see a comment from you either here or there. It encourages me to keep writing. You are such a good friend Joy! Smile

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved