MDJunction - People Helping People

Ask a Question
11/23/2010 10:13 AM

Can trileptal cause weird dreams?

moodymama
moodymama  

I have been on 150mg of trileptal 2x's a day now for almost a week, and I have had some really weird vidid dreams. I wake in anger. but as soon as I realize its just a dream I calm down. dont know if anyone else has had this on this med or any others for that matter..Blink

11/23/2010 11:17 AM
Amyshizzle
Amyshizzle  

I haven't noticed any weird dreams and I've been on trileptal for about 2 weeks now. I usually have really weird vivid dreams anyways, so I probably wouldn't be able to tell if its the medication or just me.

11/23/2010 11:52 AM
niecy440

I wonder if all these types of meds don't cause vivid dreams/nightmares. I tend to have really vivid dreams sometimes and horrible nightmares that seem so real it takes me hours to shake it off. I try to lie down and have good thoughts, positive thoughts before going to sleep. I don't eat close to bedtime either because it seems i have nightmares if i do. I wish you well and i hope things get calmer for you. Good luck with the medicine and i hope you get some nice rest without nightmares from here on out....Happy Thanksgiving!!!

11/23/2010 07:15 PM
uppitywoman
uppitywoman  
VIP Member
I'm an Advocate

I've been taking Trileptal for about a year now and haven't noticed weird dreams, but when I took Seroquel I had wild dreams. I think it's different for everyone.

11/23/2010 07:27 PM
capecod84
capecod84  

On trileptal I felt comatose.

03/08/2013 04:14 AM
anonona

Wait for your dose/body to stabilise before judging a med for vivid dreams, most do it to me as my body/mind adjusts.

Mention it to your pdoc asap.

Share this discussion with your friends:

Disclaimer: The information provided in MDJunction is not a replacement for medical diagnosis, treatment, or professional medical advice.
In case of EMERGENCY call 911 or 1.800.273.TALK (8255) to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. Read more.
Contact Us | About Us
Copyright (c) 2006-2014 MDJunction.com All Rights Reserved